Register now to get rid of these ads!

T and TT VIN number location?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by prime mover, Mar 8, 2004.

1. prime mover

prime mover

I got one of each of these is there a vin number on the frames rail anywhere?

2. FencePost

FencePost

No T vin#'s are on the Engine.

3. Southfork

Southfork

There were vin numbers stamped on the great majority of the 26 and 27 car frames. They are stamped on the top of the passenger side rail about at the midpoint. Will be an 8-digit number in the 13 to 14 million range. Don't know where the TT truck vin is stamped, but believe they were stamped starting in 26 just like the car frames.

4. Two-Gun Bob

Two-Gun Bob

Model T's first had their motor number stamped on the frame beginning on December 12, 1926. The motor for my T speedster project has a number from December 15, 1926 and I have a "no-number" '26 frame that I will back-stamp to match. Before that date the only type of serial number was on the motor block.

5. prime mover

prime mover

well I'll look closer at it, I was hoping I would have a # to register this when its done, long story on what it will be. I have one single T rail I thought we could use for another VIN but oh well.

Attached Files:

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I think that is a '26-7 frame there, so at least there's a chance of a number.