Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical T-5 trans help/builder needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddy_o's_diner, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Well, after 2 years approx 12,000 miles of hard driving, the trans in my coupe is starting to not play nice. It's popping out of first gear occasionally and and I know it will only get worse.

The trans is a standards S10 trans with the GM front bolt pattern. I'd like to switch to a World Class trans for the added strength and the better gear ratios. I know the S10 tail shaft will have to be swapped. I'm also not worried about the speedo drive since I run a tach only.

So:

Is there anything special a tranny guy needs to know to get me know or is this pretty basic stuff for them?

Better yet, does anyone know a good tranny builder in the Indy area?

If anyone has a W.C. core or fresh rebuild, I might be interested.

I'm trying to get this thing back on the road ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

2. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

Astro Performance in Florida - they'll take a non-WC box, and machine it to accept WC internals. I have one in my roadster, and it's great.

Montana1 likes this.
  3. Check with BigDeuce here on the HAMB he is on top of the WC transmissions. He can tell you a lot.

4. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

Scott at Garage Motorsports @ 360-735-0753, did a Camaro WC V8 T5 (close ratio gear set, taller OD) with S-10 tailshaft for my '54 Bel Air sedan... He does batch builds, so may have some in stock...

Torkwrench likes this.

5. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm checking them out.

6. swifty

swifty

Enjenjo on here built one to go behind my Nailhead. It is aWC fully rebuilt, with S10 housing and short shift conversion, he checked out that my adapter suited the setup then crated it all up and sent it to the shippers in Long Beach. He even sourced the pilot bearing adapter, gearbox mount and found out what clutch, pressure plate assembly and throwout bearing was required. I havent seen it yet as the container just got unloaded this week. With me being in Australia Frank provided all the cores which was a big help plus Franks a Hamber!