Register now to get rid of these ads!

t-5 swap questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by millerkustoms, Apr 1, 2004.

1. millerkustoms

millerkustoms

I know I have mentioned this already but I finally got an s-10 t-5 today. I have yet to go home from work and see it, but a buddy of mine picked one up at a wrecker for me. Does anyone know the part number for the needed clutch disk? I have also seen kits with an adapter plate, and the disk. Is the bolt pattern a match with a 51 3 speed bell housing. Any help would be great, thanks

- Jeremy

2. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

to use the s-10 you need to get the adapter from speedway. good luck.

3. Check the ratios in the trans before going too far.
    Not all T5s are created equal.

4. L B

L B
    from So Cal

I did the switch ........1985 astro van disc

5. L B

L B
    from So Cal

Here's a link that has most of the info you need to figure out gear ratios and adaptations.. http://www.vanpeltsales.com/FH_web/t5_fivespeed.htm
    Corn huskers is an easy kit to use. They give you the actual part # for the disc and the pilot bushing which you won't get if you just buy the adapter from sp-way .

6. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

If you have the stamped steel bellhousing, get a ford t-5 out of a mustang. bottom two holes line up, drill a hole for the top left bolt, make a gusseted tab for the right top, have the machine shop open the bearin retainer hole up to match the t-5....If you use the stock clutch and such, a 79 mustang clutch disk will work. 9" dia. 1 1/16" 10 spline...Whatcha gonna put it in? btw, the clutch is a special order...took bout a week to get.

7. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

8. bigdog is right. i did the same thing on a y-block bellhousing, had it tig welded with silicon bronze. worked out great. the mustang tranny is alot stonger too, just look for a 89 up world class t-5.

9. millerkustoms

millerkustoms

Thanks for the info everybody, hopefully I'll get my adapter and get it going next week!

- Jeremy