Register now to get rid of these ads!

T-5 parking emergency brake mount

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gas pumper, Feb 25, 2008.

1. gas pumper

gas pumper

It's been quiet in T-5 land this week on the HAMB.
    So I thought I'd throw this in.

I liked what I've seen done here mounting an angle iron to the top cover of a toploader trans to mount an emergency brake handle and rachet to. But it looked to me that the T-5 is kinda cheesy in that area, not much meat and really small bolts.

So I tried this, a piece of 1 1/2 X 1/4 plate about 5 inches long with a 5/8 bar 2 inches long and tapped 3/8-16 on one end. And a small piece of angle on the other end. The angle goes under the top bolt that holds the tail to the maincase. Drilled a 3/8 hole in the ear at the end of the shift housing for the rod to mount to. drilled and tapped two 3/8-24 holes in the 1/4 plate for the ratchet mount to bolt to. left about 1/4 clearance between the plate and the shift case.

This is in a T roadster. moving the brake handle next to the shifter makes it easier to reach, than it was up next to the trans main case.(I had it mounted further forward on the automatic that I replaced)

Frank

Attached Files:

2. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

Kool idea. Thank you! Looks real nice too.

3. Retrorod

Retrorod

That's very clean. We did basically the same thing on our "T", it worked out very well and is very sturdy, doesn't wiggle or shake and when you use the brake nothing bends.

Attached Files:

4. Truckedup

Truckedup

I used a somewhat cude mount for the parking brake on the Camaro-S10 hybred trans in my 37 Chevy pu.Made it from pieces of steel and the original brake handle.The top bracket bolts to the two right side tabs on the tranny.For the bottom bracket I drilled and tapped the tranny case,epoxied the bolt for security.It works well,not sloppy and when the floor pan is in place,no one sees it.
    [​IMG]

5. nexxussian

nexxussian

Thank you Gas Pumper and Trucked Up. I have been brain storming on how to do this W/ a Mustang T-5. It's nice to see what others have already done.

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Mine is mounted off of the frame and crossmember. It has no contact with the trans.