Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods T-5 Electric speedo Pulse per mile

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D2Denny, Aug 19, 2019.

1. D2Denny

D2Denny

I have a 93 S-10 electric speedo T-5 trans in my 28 roadster. I am installing the Dakota Digital Cruise control kit. ( Unfortunately old age is catching up with me and after 1 1/2 hours in the saddle the right leg really starts to ache) I have to program with dip switches the Pulse per mile factor for this speedo set up. Went to the Chevy dealer, so sorry, no can help. Contacted Dakota Digital and they think it is 54.4 K PPM. Can any one confirm this?

2. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Pulses Per Mile varies with the tire diameter, axle ratio, and the gear on the end of the electric speed sensor that is plugged into the transsmission.

My experience is with another brand (Rostra). Set the DIP switches for a range that includes 54.4 K PPM. and see if it works.

p.s. One of the DIP switches, on the cruise controls that I use, sets Digital or Analog - You will need to know what electric speed sender is installed. A general rule, 3 wire senders are Digital and 2 wire senders are Analog - their may be exceptions.

Hnstray likes this.
  3. D2Denny

D2Denny

Thanks. I'll go with the 54.4 PPM. I kind of wondered how they came up with this figure given the range of variables you mentioned. Figured it was a function of the number of teeth on the reluctor wheel on the output shaft. By the way the Dakota Digital unit is the same as the Rostra unit. They must purchase them from Rostra and market under their brand name.

Hnstray likes this.