Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Symco Set-Up Day...Full Report

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Aug 13, 2010.

1. krooser

krooser

Okay.... we had a hot and humid day today...96F according to our weather spies. But all went pretty well...

We have about 50 cars on the grounds (probably more pants on the ground by now...12:11AM!). The swap meet will be pretty big this year... we already have vendors in from Florida and Texas (Marcy) plus a bunch of WI/MN/MI guys... I think we'll have about 100 vendors this year...and several have pretty massive inventories (a few guys took 10 spots).

Music... great bands like last year... we've got 'em from IA/CA/IL/WI and MO... plus Meaghan Owens will host and perform during the weekend in the Unionville Saloon ($1.00 tappers/$5.00 pitchers) ... she will bring along another 1/2 dozen or so groups to provide some great acoustic sounds to listen to while you drown your hot rod sorrows in PBR.

Just Announced!!!! There will be a Midnite outdoor showing on Friday and Saturday nights of the soon-to-be-cult classic "Ed Gein...The Musical!"... Mr. Gein was a lonely farmer back in the 50's who wound up making lamp shades and furniture from recently deceased individuals... How we got a musical outta this I have no idea but we have the film here and it features many HAMB-friendly hot rods in the final cut. It was shot last year in NE Wisconsin... so there... we have a movie premier at the Shakedown!

So there ya have it... come on up to Symco (or down if your a Yooper or a Canuck... you guys are welcome, too) for some great cars, hot music and fun times.

Don't forget the roller derby girls will be manning the dunk tank in their skimpy t-shirts!!!!

Weather forecast? Friday...82-87 with less humidity and a chance of t-storms rumbling thru after dark.

Saturday... Mostly sunny with a slight chance of afternoon showers...

See ya there...I hope.

2. krooser

krooser

bump for the early risers...

3. OliverBUILT Big - D

OliverBUILT Big - D
    from Ankeny, IA

4. I want some Saturday coverage info!

5. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

How has no one posted pictures yet? I'd like something to take away the remider that I'm at work!

6. mowman1

mowman1
    from Wisconsin

We had a great time at the show today. Was 100 times better than last year. Next year should even be bigger. Thanks for the great day.

Mowman

7. stupesnova

stupesnova
    from wisconsin

8. krooser

krooser

Adolph Hitler....Humanitarian...