Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sydney track championships September 2017

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Sep 23, 2017.

1. spanners

spanners

Yes, you poor buggers, I'm back, again. I'm getting sore finger tips from all this typing. I promise there will be no more till late October.
    The trip to Sydney brought up the 2500 kilometres for 3 race meetings in 3 weekends. This mightn't sound like much, but in a place such as Australia with crappy roads it can be a slog.
    Only 3 HAMBsters entered again, with a newby, Kim, taking over the driving duties in Gerard's car. She picked up runner up last weekend at the Day of the Drags which was her first outing. Ezio was there and I made up the 3.
    Temperatures were predicted to be in the high 30s (high 80sF) but managed to hit 36C (96F) with humidity around 40%. First run for me was a 13.709 which I was pretty happy with. I remarked to my Crew Chief that I was only .009 off a 13.6 but that was unlikely.
    Second run humidity had dropped to 24% and I did a 13.594 @ 95.73 M.P.H. That's my best time ever! I was that happy I could've went home then.
    Third run I backed it up with another 13.594 @ 95.72 M.P.H. What was going on here? Make sure you watch the tacho. It tells the story, too much horsepower!

Black Knight Racing likes this.
  2. spanners

spanners

After our qualifying runs with me as fastest qualifier (who'd of thought) we were into racing. Ezio and Kim fronted up with Ezio being held up due to his fuel cap coming off. This was enough to rattle him as he uncharacteristically red lit and so did Kim. Ezio was first to red light so Kim got the win. I got the bye with a 13.6 on a 13.59 dial.
    Next up was me and Ezio with me red lighting.

Kim on the bye.
    Ezio got the next bye with me (13.59) and Kim (13.95). Kim red lit so I took the win.
    The final ended up after a count back as being me and Kim.

Kim missed a gear which was unfortunate but we've all been there. I took the win and the final.
    Thanks to the others for a top days racing.

3. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

Interesting how your tachometer emptied the case out and hung on. Thanks

4. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Obviously a result of the needle hitting the limit pin too hard. ;)
    :D

Register now to get rid of these ads!