Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sydney-round 8 october

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Oct 6, 2013.

1. spanners

spanners

Well, round 8 has been run and won at Sydney Dragway, but not by me. Joe Danglmaier took the honours this time with Allan Odgers runner-up.
    We only had 5 cars front up this time, being a long weekend obviously meant people had other plans.
    Talk about ganging up on the GM product, 3 Flatheads , one Blue Flame six and a Holden Grey.Most ran good all day with the exception of mine. I'd either copped a load of shit fuel at the servo or the return line I had installed caused problems with fuel flow. I had to wash out the filter after each race as it was reducing fuel pressure.
    In first race of round-robin, I backed off thinking I was going to breakout and Steve shot past, 1 loss.
    Race 2, I didn't notice the dial-in time was wrong and as a result brokeout big time, 2nd loss.
    Race 3, after taking a little timing out of the motor, lining up to stage and noticing there was next to no fuel pressure again, I gave it a pizzling and ran a 14.75 on a 15.05 dial-in. It hasn't gone that good for ages. Crossed the line ,engine cutout and coasted around the return road. Jeff took the win.
    All in, still a good if not frustrating day, but you get that. Thanks again to Sydney Dragway staff for keeping things ticking over.

2. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

So good to see you guys field that many cars, I only wish I could have been there, oh well one day. Glad you all had fun too.
    We've got Dragfest in Warwick 19/20, should be fun