Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sydney Dragway round 8 2017

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Nov 24, 2017.

1. spanners

spanners

We are here at Sydney for the final round of the championships. Mid morning and pretty warm already. We've got 4 cars entered. Me,Ezio, Anthony and James. These last 2 normally run the Nostalgias but have turned up to support the bracket. Unfortunately Gerard didn't get his Flathead done in time due to a cracked block. We've run one qualifying so far with mixed results but have still got 4 running. Videos later.

Crosley likes this.
  2. spanners

spanners

2nd qualifying I ran a 13.8 which isn't bad but not as quick as it has been. I changed the diff ratio to 3.90 from 3.55 in the hope of picking up extra revs in top gear. My eighth mile is quicker but it's not getting going once I hit top gear.
    Unfortunately Anthony snapped his gear stick off and Ezio is having gearbox issues as well. Off to find a welder for Anthony and adjustments for Ezio.
    Stay tuned.

Crosley likes this.
  3. spanners

spanners

3rd qualifying and another 13.8 for me and a 15.6 for Ezio. This is the racer who is normally regular as clockwork. Anthony got his car back together and ran a 17.2.
    Time for dial-ins.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    64 DODGE 440 and Crosley like this.
  4. spanners

spanners

Sorry for the delay. I tried to be clever again and use an Ipad at the track but forgot the charging cable for it. Uploading videos sucks the life out of the battery.
    Enough of that techno crap, back to the racing.
    I dialed 13.80 and Anthony dialed 17.00. That gave me a wait of 3.20 seconds which I'm not used to. I got the win with a backing off 13.921 against Anthony's 17.111.

James and Ezio ran with James taking the win

Crosley likes this.

5. spanners

spanners

2nd round saw me red *#^^^&# lighting against Ezio, again. I ran 13.849 on my 13.80 so would've took the win. Shit happens.
    Anthony took the win over James which gave us all a win. It would come down to the last round to see who would run the final.
    Ezio had a mishap on the start line. The red light came on but he hadn't even moved, then the stage lights came back on. He queried it but was told he'd lost.
    I ran James and took the win with a 13.856 and James broke out. That left me and Anthony to run the final.

That be all for this year. Thanks for putting up with my dribbling on and I hope you get an idea of what we get up to over here.
    By the way. At this point Ezio will take out the championship and deservedly so. I'll be runner up. Hooroo from Spanners and the lovely Crew Chief/wife.

Crosley likes this.
  6. bobw

bobw

I certainly enjoyed your racing exploits this season. A damn successful season I'd say. You know your car well enough to be a bracket racer. You and the Crew Chief do a nice job of capturing the excitement on video.

Crosley likes this.
  7. spanners

spanners

Thank you for the kind words. I'll pass them onto the Crew Chief.
    We're not sure if we'll get an invite next year at Sydney. Ever since IHRA took over we get the feeling that our bracket isn't "showy" enough. Some other brackets are feeling the same way.