Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest "swifty" HAPPY 70TH BIRTHDAY - dad

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatoz, Dec 18, 2011.

1. autobilly

autobilly

I hope that you had a greay Birthday Swifty. Obviously an inspirational man able to enthuse your own son (among others it seems) into a Hot Rod life.

2. swifty

swifty

I'd like to thank Ryan for his kind words and all of you for your birthday greetings and best wishes. I enjoyed being a celebrity even though it was only for a day or two.

Thanks again to all of you

swifty

3. gonzo

gonzo

[​IMG]

This picture cracks me up. I live next door to Maynard and have been hearing stories of Boston area hot rodders for a while. There seems to be an unusual preoccupation with machine guns amongst all of them.

4. swifty

swifty

Gonzo,

That pic was taken in Boxboro but the guy who owned the Thompsons now lives in Maynard which might explain things a bit.

5. gonzo

gonzo

I wonder what happened to all those Thompsons after they got banned. Either waythat picture is hilarious but please tell me you weren't really shooting holes in five window bodies.

6. striper

striper

Of course he was. Who would want a 5w with all those 3w s and roadsters around.

7. swifty

swifty

I know gonzo but we shouldn't be blamed for that as Fred Steele and Don Spinney had cut the bottom 8" out of the 32-5w to repair a 32 roadster. Apparently 32-5w were not that desirable in the early 60's? Fred wanted us to shoot up the 32-5w and a 56 Fairlane Vicky donor car he had in the back acres as we were all reluctant to do it to something which we would have loved to bring back home as we didn't get either of those cars in OZ.

Eddie (on the right in the pic) was actually chasing a 32-5w and ended up having to be "satisfied" with a 32-3w he got from Don Spinney in trade for a 34 phaeton.

8. A BONED

A BONED

Happy birthday Swifty!
    Great photos and some even better stories I bet. I'd love to hear more of your trip to the States in '66 one day. Great people were born in the month of December!

9. got a 32

got a 32

Swifty you are a celebrity all the time,happy birthday ! cheers David

10. Happy belated birthday Swifty. Probably a good as any time to show you a old cabinet of mine. Check the number plate. You are famous!Take care man.

[​IMG]

11. davo461

davo461

Happy 70th. Swifty.

12. Happy Birthday Pete, cheers oggie

13. swifty

swifty

Well hot-rod dude you sure got my attention with that! What's the story on your cabinet as that pick has lots of the small details like the Dayco top radiator hose and the Covico steering wheel.

Oh and thanks for the birthday greetings.

swifty

14. Hi Pete, it's just an old trade school project I chose when I was learning the lost art of signwriting, but this ain't about me it's about you, you legend!