Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sweet rockabilly read!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by briggs&strattonChev, Oct 12, 2003.

1. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

has anyone here read "Fifties Flashback" by Albert Drake? I just got done with it and it is very informative and interesting. It tells about the customs and rods of the 50's (hence the title, I suppose.) It covers lakes racing and records, speed parts (and how LITTLE they cost back then), customizing cars, gook wagons, and has many pics of cool vintage customs. I give it an A+, you boys and girls should read it.

2. deadelvis

deadelvis

I've read it. Loved the old ads and the stuff about fuzzy dice and flames. He's got another one that I plan on gettin but can't remember the name right now.

3. More importantly, does it tell you how to correctly cuff your jeans and roll your T-shirt sleeves?? I need to know. I think I've been doing it wrong for the last 10 years or so. [​IMG]

4. So what does that book have to do with rockabilly? God I'm beginning to really hate Rockerbillies[tm] a little more every day.

5. Steve

Steve

brootal them cuffs need to be to the knees, at least thats what I've seen from some and a pack oh lucky strikes in the sleeve

6. Get his book "Flat out", it is great! The photos are just killer, lots of pre war stuff.