Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sweet Nadine for sale for $390,000?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56KUSTOM, Jul 22, 2011.

1. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Not sure but for the 180k asking price thats seems kinda cheap now.

Attached Files:

2. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

charlies merc is a very beautiful merc with HOURS in this build. its one of those mercs with so many little details, when i studied it, i missed a lot of them. well worth the $$$ compared to some of the mercs ive seen. just an outstanding merc to say the least..

3. So does Charlie!:rolleyes:;):)

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I don't care if it sells or not. I'm just glad to see a well built and detailed car get driven instead of mounted to a warehouse floor.

5. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Correct me if I'm wrong please but didn't Gary Howard build that car?

B:confused:B

6. Saw the car in person at the lsru and at charlie's shop.....it's an impressive car for sure.

7. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Nobody knows the value of a Merc better than slddnmatt.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  8. kisam

kisam

Best pic of Sweet Nadine! Takes a lot of nerve to do this - or maybe just a lot of ribbing from Casey!

[​IMG]

9. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

...and to think;.....I'm only about $389,000.00 short. What a hell of a deal! They're practically giving it away!

10. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Gorgeous car...no doubt....but $390,000 I think not

11. VonKool13

VonKool13

Very cool car indeed!

12. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

If you just sat on your ass and forked over money to a shop, then sure, the bill could get that high. If you built the car yourself, you could have several of them for that price.

13. Wau you can get 10 Barris kustoms on Ebay for that kind of money!
    I hope you get it Charlie, and that the new owner drives the shit out of it, like you do! Can't wait to see your next build! You're a pure artist!

Klaus

14. Sweet Nadine is one of the nicest fully thought out and detailed 51 merc i have seen plus its a true drive. When you combine a show quailty kustom that has the abillity to be truly driven long distancecs you have done it right. As a buyer there is not to many kustoms of this class that can truly be driven to chose from. So i look at it like nadie is a pice of rare art that can be drive so he can name his price. At $390k i think its worth every penny and i hope he gets the full asking price. I do have something for Charlie to think about thoe. Even if he gets the full asking price will he regereate that he sold it a few years down the road ? I know i wish i could undo a few that i have sold as the money just does not replace the car the memerioes and the joy of just driven something no one else has.

Rick Erickson

15. He seems to be getting over looked!

16. 1slikwilly

1slikwilly
    BANNED
    from Oregon

My take on this is ,, when someone puts something he really has ties and passion for, up for sale,, it is 99% of the time priced at a EXCEPTIONALLY high figure, meaning if it brings the asking price,, ? fine,, if not ,, well thats fine also,, cause I really didn't want to sell it anyway,,
    No doubt this is a beautiful merc,, and if it was mine,, it would probably be priced for more than 390 K,, cause I sure as hell wouldn't be wanting to sell it,,
    The true value of that Merc is not the object,, its the desire to own it,:D

17. Well said.

I had a 76 Valiant recently (until a city front-end-loader creamed it) that I used as a daily driver. Nothing special....just a little slant six car....pretty ugly and plain as a matter of fact. But I really liked the little car. It was different, the slant motor was very cool and I really enjoyed driving it with its funky torsion bar suspension.

I was selling some old car stuff at a swap meet, using the Valiant's trunk as the table for my goods when a guy walked up and had this conversation with me:

guy: Cool car man....how much do you want for it?
    me: it's not for sale....I'm just using it to sit my stuff on.
    guy: how much would you take for it though?
    me: I don't want to sell it....it's my daily driver.
    guy: yeah, but how much would you take for it?
    me: $5,000 cash
    guy: Aw C'Mon Man! That's twice as much as these go for!!!
    me: damn dude....I told you I didn't want to sell it two times.

All of that to bolster the point made in the previous post.

18. Just another reason why I WON'T sell mine. I couldn't replace it for what I have in it. Mercs are expensive! Especially if you have someone build it for you.

19. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Very nice car but no way in hell would I pay that much for it,mercs may be expensive but for that kind of money I could buy a few cool rides. For those who think its worth that much step up to the plate and buy it.

20. seatex

seatex

Ain't about what it's worth if you are the seller, It's what you want for it.
    Think it's too much? Don't buy it. Charlies a great guy, I hope he gets what he wants for it!

21. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

It's a beautiful ride and executed to perfection and is well known but that is crazy money. could buy a shit load of 32s for that

22. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

Too late for that kind of cash.Should have sold it before the Barrett Jackson bubble burst.In my useless opinion it's still not for sale if thats the price.Good Luck I hope it sells for that it will make all our cars worth a few $$$ more.

23. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

... Top five merc all time.

24. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

whats the other four?? Lol

25. peter johnson

peter johnson

One of the best!hope he gets price he wants,i think any car could be built for that price though,but wouldnt have the history .It will always be Charlies old car.

26. Billy54

Billy54
    from Houston

Id take Rudys anyday all day over Nadine...

27. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

If two collectors with more money than brains get into a pissing contest, absolutely. However for most of us blue collar bastards: $390,000! Are you Nuckin' Futs?

28. Rustyproject

Rustyproject
    from Clinton,Ms

Saw this car at LSRU and was blown away by the workmanship. Pictures here do not do it justice. Have you ever seen some of the cars that bring CRAZY money at Barrett? Most are not near this well done. I wouldn't be shocked at all if it sold for this kind of money(There are some really rich folks out there) Oh for what its worth I have never seen that picture of Colin racing this car. It makes the coolness of this car go up and makes me somekind sad at the same time.

29. Kinda makes me sad to see it for sale,but heres my take.I had the chance to meet Charlie and Nadine,1slik willy is correct.The price is not the object to me.This is a landmark custom car that will go down in custom car history as one of the best.Period.Debating its value is like putting a price on the Hirohata Merc or the Ala Kart.Non car people buy portraits and art for enormous figures all the time,this is no different.The price someone is willing to pay is dependent on the desire to be a caretaker of this piece of history.If winfeilds Jade Idol or the El Matador was for sale,very few would question these kind of figures.Nadine just hasnt aged enough yet.20years from now I believe none of us will believe it was ever for sale for ANY price!
    just my thoughts

30. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I like the story of how he came to own the car....Jim