Register now to get rid of these ads!

sweet hotrod engine music

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stude_trucks, Jul 8, 2009.

1. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Ok, I was planning to make my blown hemi truck project more stealth and quiet, but just ran across this video and the sound of this thing is maybe changing my mind. Man, I think this sounds awesome and I really do prefer quiet over just loud. But, this is sweet loud. Not sure who's car this is or if they are on the hamb at all or if this has been posted before or not, but sounds good to me.

Anybody got any other great sound recordings of hotrod cars running to add to this thread? Looking to hear some more inspiration to see if I should give up on being stealth.

What are your thoughts on the best sounding motors?

hit the high volume button and sit back with this:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Omj6zxtIB0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Omj6zxtIB0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Holy Crap...that is perfect.....
    What a way to start the day...

3. skunx1964

skunx1964

4. That is AWESOME!!!

5. skywolf

skywolf

More an exotic than a hot rod, but still one of the most awesome sounding engines of all time. The B.R.M V16 was a supercharged motor of only 1.5 litres and was built in the early 1950's. Definitely my favourite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRSYTw9IBxg

6. That would be Aaron Von Minden, of Savage Speed. Yes he's a HAMBer!:D Try 'Savage" on the HAMB. He's an alliance Vendor too.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  7. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

8. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh my giddy gawd! That voice at about 2:20 said it best, bloody hell!!:eek:

10. thats not von minden in the first vid...thats jimmy white from circle city hot rods old coupe....

11. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

It's Jimmy White

12. Chance it

Chance it

This one has been kept in my favorites file for a long time now. No joke.
    I ride along at least once a week. What a sweeet ride....:D
    Easily found just do a google search on the HAMB and it shows up under the Nailhead Coupe vs Blown hemi @ HAMB drags. Related videos.

13. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Yeah, that is exactly how I found it. Wasn't even looking, it was just there right on top. I clicked the link for a what the hell and then bam, I thought, man, that is one sweet sounding hot rod. Maybe I need to rethink my plans for the how I want my truck to sound especially since I am going with a hemi as well. But, mine will be super charged (mildly though, no race) and being a full truck, I won't be having open pipes like that either.

But, that video just got me thinking about the sound of hot rods and wanted to hear what else is out there. Thanks for the other cool posts and keep them coming.

14. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

15. depends on what you like

16. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

^^^
    I see we got some crazy hot rod foreplay above. She seems to be enjoying that a little too much. Good thing he didn't rev. it up too much and torch those panties off. :D

Sounds good though.

17. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

18. greasy50chevy

greasy50chevy

one heck of a car thats for sure

19. Boogy

Boogy

20. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

21. Anyone know how to get an old LP record recorded onto a CD? I have an LP record in my garage of the "1962 Bakersfield Fuel & Gas Championships". The cover is a close up shot of the back wheel of an FED doing a burnout... I looked for a copy of the cover via Google and Amazon.com, but no luck. Cool stuff though!

Basically it is just a couple of microphones set up next to the track and you hear the announcer over the PA as the cars line up & make their passes (in stereo! from one side of the garage to the other!). The record does have its share of scratches, clicks & pops, and the recording equipment wasn't the best at the time, but hey...

Any ideas?

22. EATER

EATER
    from SLC

Anybody have a sound bite of a open piped Flathead? Just for the hell of it.

23. buflochp

buflochp
    from Minnesota

24. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

i need a clod shower now!!!!

25. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

26. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

There isn't anything that sounds better that a cammed up big block with open headers !

27. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

This one sounds kind of purdy, its a littlle late but the motor was designed in '58. Its a 390 block with a 4.25 stoke crank, one of Barry Rabotnick's "Prison Break stroker kits. 3.00 gears, 2.32 1st gear top loader, and he only took it to 5000 in 1st because the motor is still new. He found out the first time he took it out that it has no respect for a 6600 rpm rev limiter, would have like to have caught that on tape. Love dem FE's

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s659.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid659.photobucket.com/albums/uu318/390cstm/65Ford.flv"></embed>

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  28. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

here's a Y-block sweetie

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lh8V_WgLchE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lh8V_WgLchE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

29. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

That was a vicious sounding Y-block

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  30. Hooligan63

Hooligan63