Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Swedish Dry Lake Roadster

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.B., Feb 28, 2014.

1. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Its so fresh that you run it without the headlights, no problem with the law yet?

2. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Yes. You will find some great pics what it's all about here for example: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/pics-a-bombers-old-style-weekend-2012-sweden.722981/

Haven't ran in to the police yet. I will probably start using them soon. They are in the trunk, so I can put them on in case they catch me. ;)

3. I am trying to get in touch with Hans Blom? From Norway? Might be listed as Hans custom/ cycle? Any help appreciated,thanks flatheadjohn47,College Station,Texas 979-595-7324 cell.

4. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Here's some footage from our trip to Swedish Nats yesterday. :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Man,it looks like you guys are flying.:)

How fast were you running? HRP

6. is there more footage ??? love to see it

7. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Ha ha... well, the vid is going a little too fast. We were only doing about 70 mph. Looks like much more! :p

8. bonesy

bonesy

So, so, so damn cool!

9. Nobey

Nobey

Anything new with your roadster J.B. ? I sure enjoyed reading this thread again.
    Richard....

10. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Hi!

Thanks for asking!
    I have enjoyed the car over the summer, here at A-Bombers Old Style Weekend
    [​IMG]
    Pic by Lars Brandow
    [​IMG]
    Pic by Per Webb

I also had time for a drink or two :D
    [​IMG]

Then in October I got it inspected and ready to use legally on the road. It sure looks nice with those beautiful fenders and other crap that needs to be on the car to pass this :p
    [​IMG]

Today I cleaned the Ol' 52's garage. In a couple of months, I will start working on it and get the three carb set up, adjust the body and get some other chassie work done for the summer. I have a couple of other projects first. :)
    [​IMG]

I bought this nice 1930 coupe and will start on that project first. It will get a 5" chop and I'll put it on my old 1932 chassie with a hopped up flathead and -35 wheels. Will be ready before Easter (I hope!) ;)
    [​IMG]

11. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi JB.Outstanding build.Thanks for a great thread.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

12. Wardog

Wardog

That is a very nice coupe!

13. Ditto !

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. roadster is ace, the coupe looks like it's in great condition, look forward to seeing what you end up doing with it.
    Cheers,
    Drewfus

15. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Hi, everyone!

Time to start working on the 52C roadster. It has been sitting in the garage the whole summer since I didn't have any time to finish my 3 carb setup after building the coupe this spring. It needed an opening in the hood side and a different built fan etc. When the coupe was done, my life has been busy with music shows and regular work. The 52C roadster will get a new (bigger flathead) engine for next season. That is the plan.
    IMG_9217-copy.jpg
    IMG_8284-copy.jpg

I am not doing a build thread on the coupe, so here is a very short picture summary. :)
    The 1930 coupe got a 5 inch haircut
    IMG_6780-copy.jpg

Then we placed it on the 1932 chassis with a 1939 gearbox and rear axle that I had complete except engine. I stole the engine from my 1940 Mercury to get it running when built. :p An original 1932 grille and a new Walker radiator was needed too.
    IMG_6877.JPG

I didn't want to ruin the great patina on the old paint and pinstriping, so we only painted over the chop area.
    Side-green.jpg
    Back-green.jpg
    Here's the car ready for the Custom Motor Show on Easter weekend. 80 000 visitors. We won best display!
    Greenspeedshop.jpg

Gasoline Magazines reporter Hakan Erixon is doing a feature for a coming issue.
    Greenphotosession.jpg

But soon back to the 52C roadster and the engine build! :):):)
    A-Bomb01.jpg
    A-Bomb02.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  16. 303racer

303racer

Dumb question, you don't get hassle from running a cali plate?

17. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

I usually have a small Swedish plate with glued on magnets that I use for regular driving. Easy to take off and put in the trunk. I use this on all my cars, so I can take it off in 2 seconds and don't ruin the looks of the car. Plus it is impossible to get a parking ticket in Sweden with a vintage CA registration number! :p

18. CadMad

CadMad

Gday JB, I was starting to get real worried that you had driven off into the sunset. Hope the ideas for the LaSalle are still lurking about.

19. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Hi Q!

No, I have just been out travelling and working too much to be able to hang out in the cyber world. The plan is to get these two hot rods ready for next season with the change/work on the engines plus some other things. Not so much work, compared to the builds. Then I have my 1940 Merc to attend to. I want it in the streets for 2016. I have bought some more stuff for the Lasalle and hope to buy an extra engine for it real soon. I am looking for a 1946-48 Cadillac 346 flathead. The LaSalle will be a finished project, don't worry! ;)

Cheers!

20. . . . . stellar !

21. CadMad

CadMad

My mate here has a spare 46 engine and box. Complete but needs a build. Pick it up next time you come to Coolangatta.
    I wont worry so much now. Make sure you always have a spare hanky and a coin for a ph call.

22. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

JB,
    Love this build thread. First time I really spent any time looking through it was this evening. I love the roadster and the coupe both! You are inspiring me to get back out in the garage and work on my second roadster project.
    Thanks,
    Mike

23. This hot rod is looking KILLER! I like it.....

24. Wow. What a stellar build!

25. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Trying out the look with my NOS Edelbrock manifold. Need to cut the firewall for the gas pump, but it sure looks nice. The roadster is getting a new 304 cui engine and this 296 cui engine ends up in my coupe. The biggest engine in the smallest car... I like that!
    [​IMG]

26. Looks great I run the same manifold on my coupe works a treat.

Nobey and Jet96 like this.
  27. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Some updates. Had some problems with my engine block for the 304, so I need to get another one. But the 296 has got three carbs now and is actually pretty quick! :D

But the greatest thing lately is that I won the trophy for Scandinavias Most Beautiful Roadster this last Saturday! Real fun!

[​IMG]

28. j hansen

j hansen

Well deserve!!

29. Right on Man that's a nice hotrod you have there. Congrats on the win.

volvobrynk likes this.
  30. rtsidejohnny

rtsidejohnny

Congratulations JB...very much deserved!
    I follow the rcs on instagram, awesome what you guys have going over there. Keep it up!
    Congrats again!
    Johnny