Register now to get rid of these ads!

Swap meets, buy it when you see it....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by darkk, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

that is very true.....the problem is at swap meets for example a cab towed in or a barn find vehicle most likely will not have a title or reg and its considered a dead vehicle in MA, unless you know a loop hole :)

2. brad chevy

brad chevy

I just tell the I'll be backers,Pay me now so I know you'll be back. Works good to get the bullshitters down the line. Best customers to deal with at swapmeets are women. They see something,if they want it they buy it. How about the city guy asking will you take a check? But without the idiots,bullshitters,know-it-allers and actual car and truck people the swapmeet would be boring.

3. cadillac dave

cadillac dave

a joke I heard years ago ; an old swap meet guy dies and goes to heaven, St. Peter meets him at the gates and invites him in. tells the old swapper you are going to like this place. we are having our annual party for old swappers. free beer, all you can eat buffet. so the swapper digs in. it wasn't to long before he had to take a leak. he ask St. Peter where he should go. he was told to go to the edge of the cloud and piss off the edge. he looked down and there were hundreds of people walking aimlessly down rows and isles, he tells St. Peter, I can't go here , look at all the people down there walking back and forth, up an down the isles. St. Peter replied " PISS ON EM, THEIR THE BE-BACKERS !!!!!! I have been swapping since 1966 and try to be civil, and I really appreciate my customers but sometimes, ya just got to piss on those be-backers ! . Cadillac Dave

4. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

i don't have experience selling at swap meets and just started going this year as a buyer, maybe 5 under my belt, personally i just say "thought it was something i was looking for but its not, or the likes, but the "be back" line might just be someone not interested and a soft exit to be polite instead of saying "what you have i think is junk" or "you are out of you mind charging that price"...just what i think could be a possible explanation for this action

5. You always always remember/ regret the one that got away

6. diamonddrew

diamonddrew

Amen

7. leroys85coupe

leroys85coupe
    from usa

hell my dad bought a sandblaster at ceder rapids a few yrs ago went back w a 2 wheeler and the guy and SB was both gone:eek: