Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Swap Meet Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lake_harley, Aug 28, 2018.

1. lake_harley

lake_harley

Maybe something like what I'm suggesting already exists here on the HAMB, but I think it would be great if swap meets from all over the country could be listed on one thread. I guess I'm not one of the cool kids, but I seem to not find out about swap meets until after they're over. Have one coming up in your area? Post it here.

Lynn

bubba55, Texas Webb and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. @twotallokie puts on a good swap meet in Dewey, Oklahoma.
    Saturday, November 3 6:00am - 4:00pm

3. How far are you willing to travel? HRP

4. lake_harley

lake_harley

It's not just for me, it's for common knowledge. The whole idea is to have swap meets posted all over the place. That way anyone can see if one is within what they consider striking distance. Who knows.....someone might be visiting family in another distant state and low-and-behold there might be a swap meet in the next town during the visit.

That make sense?

Lynn

wraymen likes this.

5. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

I watch for swap meets within 150 miles of my home and try to make as many as possible. I am sure I am not the only one.
    I am going to Pigeon Forge and the redneck rumble during September. I also like moultrie and Daytona in November. A little further, but I may get there.

WTF really likes this.
  6. Fall Carlisle in Pa. Oct 3-7 and Hershey Oct 10-13
    I like the idea a bunch, put a sticky on it and let it ride.

tractorguy, blowby and Texas Webb like this.
  7. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Springfield, Ohio Clark County fair grounds Sept. 7th. 8th and 9th 2018 Auto parts swap meet and cars for sale.

8. lake_harley

lake_harley

I know I don't have the tech savvy to "sticky" anything, but if it could be done that would be great. My thought would be a perpetual thread. I'm not suggesting rules, as such, but it would make sense to include dates, time of opening and closing, location, contact info if possible, and any information to help someone find what swap meets are when and where. Posting something about 1 to 2 months out would seem about right to me, but hey, post them when you can.

Thanks for the postings so far.

Lynn

9. kb cookout

kb cookout

Big Al's List, is a good one to look at , you can put in the dates, zip code and how far you want to travel

later kb

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  10. Sept. 2, Moravia NY, Fillmore Glen State Park, show with big swap and flea market 100+ vendor spots

Sept. 9, Wampsville (Oneida) NY, Mohican Model A Club show and huge swap/flea on the Fireman's Field. 200+ vendor spots

Boon BA likes this.
  11. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Good idea!

Bones