Register now to get rid of these ads!

Swap meet score!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by andysdeuce, Oct 26, 2003.

1. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Went to the swap today in Indy looking for any parts for my 331 hemi. No hemi parts as usual but I did find me a like new 3-ton floor jack for $50 bucks. I also bought a m-21 Muncie close ratio tranny and competition Hurst shifter for 350 bucks!!! They had the inspection plate off the side and it looked brand new inside, schicronizers and all gears looked new. Still had the factory paint dots on the gears. WHOOHOO!!! Good deal or what. Now I gotta find a adapter and Chevy stick bellhousing to put it behind the hemi. Anybody have any early parts for the 331 they would want to part with??? I know...I know...put it in the classifieds!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Randy D

Randy D

Good score, Don... I came home empty handed. Seemed to be way too much home interiors crap there. How many candles can you burn in your Hotrod anyway? [​IMG]

3. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

I know what you mean Randy,if 'ya got a sbc or need hot wheel cars you are in paradise. The rest of us just pay our 5 bucks to get the exercise walking around looking at stuff we don't want or need.Saw alot of Orange County Chopper stuff you would look good in though!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Congrats Don! I don't think you'll need a chevy bellhousing if your 331 is an extended-block style like my '53 motor. The adapter is almost flat and spaces the tranny just the right amount from the engine....If your's is the shorter block...never mind!
    Missed ya at KCS&P this year....

5. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Rocky mine does'nt have the extended bellhousing. I'll have to get the adapter and then scrounge up a stick chevy bellhousing probably. Should'nt be too hard to find. Yeah, I really wanted to make it to KCSP again this year but I could'nt get the time off work. Looks like you guys had a good time without me. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

hey Don. if i can get out to my parents any time soon i will see if i still have that old bellhousing out there. if so it is yours. i'll just get it to ya next time i see ya. it should be there unless one of my brothers carted it off but that is unlikely. one is in Virginia (Navy), another is building a go cart cause he can't afford a hot rod and the youngest is too damn lazy to mes with it. now lets just hope dad did'nt get sick of looking at it and tossed it!!

Mike

7. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

oh yeah. email Studeboy. he is gonna do the adapt a Chevy to a Hemi thing with the 331 he has. he actually has both blocks but is gonna use the NON-extended one like what you have. maybe you can get a package deal on addapters or something. email him...

Mike

8. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Mike, I could use the bellhousing.No big hurry though, I'm just getting started tearing into the engine. If any of you guys around Michigan have or run into any cool hot rod parts for it let me know. I don't usually shop e-gay but I guess I'm gonna have to start. Not too many early hemi parts around here. Thanks for the heads up on Studeboy. I'll contact him and we can bounce some ideas off each other.

9. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

I was a the Indy Swap meet as well. I thought it sucked! What abunch of junk. Mostly die casts and bootleg West Coast Chopper & OCC shirts. Where are all the pre 1960 parts in Indiana? Must be stashed in Hamb'rs piles.

10. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Levis, you need to go to the swap at the Marion County fairgrounds in the spring and fall.It's on the east side of Indy. They usually have pretty good stuff. Definately the Louisville swap in the spring.