Register now to get rid of these ads!

Swap meet at Infineon Raceway???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kleinbike, Jan 29, 2013.

1. kleinbike

kleinbike
    from Nor Cal

Heard there is a swap meet at Infineon (Sears Point) Feb 2nd. Can't find any info other than on Infineon's website. Anyone know anything?

2. Cyclone

Cyclone
    from Sonoma, CA

Going to take the $40. gamble, see ya there.
    ==========================================
    Sonoma Raceway Swap Meet!

Car enthusiasts of all kinds are invited to enjoy the first Sonoma Raceway Swap Meet on Saturday, Feb. 2. And the best part? Admission for shoppers is FREE.
    This auto-themed swap meet will feature vendors from the raceway’s Motorsports Industrial Park, as well as vendors selling a variety of vehicles, engine components and replacement body parts. Gates will be open from 7 a.m.-1 p.m. The event will take place in the main paddock area of the raceway, including the NASCAR garages.
    The Raceway Cafe and Wine Country Motorsports, both located in the main paddock, will also open at 8 a.m.
    Vendor spaces (12’ x 25’) are still available for the swap meet. Cost is $40 in advance or $50 at the gate. For more information or to secure your space today, contact Martha Crockett at [​IMG] or 707-933-3910.
    Where: NASCAR Garages located at Sonoma Raceway
    When: Saturday, February 2
    Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
    Admission: FREE for all shoppers!
    About: Come check out the inaugural Sonoma Raceway Swap Meet Saturday, February 2! The event will feature vendors from the Sonoma Raceway Motorsports Industrial Park as well as a variety of vehicles, engine components and replacement body parts for sale. Gates open at 7 a.m. and admission is FREE for shoppers! The Raceway Cafe and Wine Country Motorsports, both located on property across from the Sunoco gas station, will be open beginning at 7 a.m

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  3. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

$50. for a space at a first annual swap? i would like to support any local swap meets and your only a few minutes away, but ........ im not to sure what to expect there. um... the best way i can ask is will it be a CLASSIC CAR SWAP MEET?

4. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

That is a little steep, ain't it? They must not be getting the word out much, as I live 20 min away and hadn't heard about it

5. C.R.Glow Neon

C.R.Glow Neon
    from stockton

i've read on other forums that alot of the race shops are involved and the track shop/store is open, should be lots of race parts, etc. RD

6. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

i think i better head to the sacramento swap meet on sunday, and wait till there next one at infinion, maybe by then someone on the hamb will have more info.

7. kleinbike

kleinbike
    from Nor Cal

Might be interesting to see what the shops would bring out. Could be worth the trip just for that, and if all else fails, there's Sac. the next morning!

8. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

What's going on in Sacramento on Sunday? :confused:

9. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

At $50 a space, I'd have to load what I can into the dually and leave the trailer at home, can't justify spending $100 on an "iffy" first time event. Most of the shops at the Point are road-race oriented, and they usually don't sell stuff cheap- I did get a decent deal on my TIG welder from one of the shops there though. Going on night work in Stockton tonight, going to have to see if it's gonna last through Fri night- would be kinda tough getting off in the wee hours in Stockton and then selling at a swap at the Point :(

10. Cyclone

Cyclone
    from Sonoma, CA

Sac swap thread

11. Panel Pete

Panel Pete

SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um, sunday,Sunday,SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Duh!!!!!!!!

12. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

13. Cyclone

Cyclone
    from Sonoma, CA

Bump, its a go for Saturday morning.

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

anyone go to Sonoma Raceway today?

15. Cyclone

Cyclone
    from Sonoma, CA

I sold some of my treasure there today, great turnout for a 1st time deal [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Was pretty good considering they didn't do much to promote it, most of the vendors I talked to were on the email list from the track, and several, like us, only knew about it a couple days in advance. Brought home way too much schidt, but one guy in particular that had crashed and was parting his S/G car had some screaming deals- I got from him a new Moser 9" 40-spline spool with bearings for $80, MSD Soft-Touch for $20, a nice scoop for my Falcon with a K&N filter insert in the intake to keep the birds and big rocks out for $40, battery disconnect with outside linkage for $10 etc. He had the set of Weld wheels, 33-16-15 slicks (19 runs on them) and frontrunners for $200- a screamin' deal- if I didn't already have two sets for the Falcon, and his fronts were spindle-mount... Got a clean 12-qt dry sump tank with mounts, fitting & lines for $40
    And some rat bastard from Sonoma had his buddy trip me, held me down and made me buy a Predator with the idle circuits and some new MSD stuff- threatened to paint my shoes Chebbie orange if I didn't cough up :eek:
    Some gal wanted to buy my Radio Flyer with the fresh scooter-dent from Turlock :p
    And the best part- absolutely NO rat rod crap, Poser cams... :D

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

18. I went, it was okay for an unpromoted first event. Not a whole lot of stuff at least what I was looking for; mid-year Corvette and '57 Chevy. Lots of cool race parts. It didn't seem like any money was changing hands, well exvept for MeanGene. :D

19. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Wish I has known it was going on :(

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

20. Cyclone

Cyclone
    from Sonoma, CA

The official stats are in from Sonoma Raceway, 47 sellers, 800 buyers and the plan is to do it again next year.