Register now to get rid of these ads!

Swamp find in washington! (lots of pictures)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 122wagon, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Gonna have to call Indiana Jones on this rescue mission....

2. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

what a shame , at least you made out on them , lota parts there yet , good luck getting them out !

3. Hank Streator

Hank Streator

Makes me cry a little, what a waste, now get to work, drag those fuckers out and save what you can.

4. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

that's a lotta..ouch... pricker bushes....ouch.... to be trudging.... ouch..... through....ouch! cool find and good luck gettin' 'em outa there, need to form a rescue party before all that vegetation grows back. get it done!

5. chevyshack

chevyshack

You guys are all nuts!! Most of these where made by G.M!! Just change the oil and they"ll fire right up!! Add alittle polish and there good as new!! HA! Who am i kidding. That pontiac and caddy would pull a boat load of cash if found to be in decent shape.

6. WHARTON

WHARTON

Nice score man!! Being a land surveyor I stumble threw woods swamps farms almost every day I have found peices and parts sheet metal couple old cars but still waiting to uncover the mother load lol congrats man.

7. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Yea man, I remember...

It was '68 man, and I had been in 'Nam for 8 months. Me and Fred Williams were on night patrole in the jungle about 3 clicks outside Danang. We were driving the LT's GTO, when suddenly Charlie started comming at us from all directions man.

I opened up on 'em with the .50 'cal, but every time I'd knock one down, 2 more would pop up to take his palce.

We tried to run, but one of them got off a clear shot and took out the trusty 389 in the LT's Goat. It was dying fast, but we managed to make it to cover beside a small river and parked it between a powerwagon and an old Studebaker.

It was all we could do just to stay alive man! Fred called in an air strike while I held tight to the .50 'cal. The Air Boys showed up just in time 'cuz I was down to my last box of ammo. They 'naped the whole area, man. I'm telling you, that jungle lit up like the 4th of July, man.

About 20 minutes later, a Jolly Green showed up to pull us out. It was blood and guts everywhere. Fred had taken a small arms to the leg and was bleeding pretty bad. The Goat had completely died. We tried to pull it out, but we were getting reports of more VC comming up the perimeter. I felt really bad about leaving the Goat there by that river, man. I pulled it's tags and jumped on the chopper.

As long as I live, I'll never forget the sight of that Goat bleeding oil there in the jungle man. I laid in the floor of that chopper and clutched the Goat's tags, and just cried the whole trip back to H.Q.

We never went back for the Goat, the area was just too hot, and Charlie had a pretty good strong-hold there. I imagine the jungle grew over it, and it's bones are still there to this day covered in vines and moss.

If you find the old Goat, throw it a salute and give it a proper burial. It's a hero in my book man,,, I mean, it gave it's life to save me and Fred.

8. parksquijada

parksquijada
    from norcal

9. Hey I was gonna say that!

Neat find, but what a mess!

10. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I spy a 59 Olds tailight.

11. How sad, can we get a moment of silence? Can you hear the tears falling?

12. Finktim

Finktim

Surprised you didn't find Sleeping Beauty asleep in one of those cars! :D

You might find some sleeping snakes though! Be damned careful where you stick your hands! I'd be packin' a .22 or something just in case! Good luck with the "unburial". Looks like a lot of work, but that's pretty damned kool!

13. So where is the big truck with pto winch and poles? and about 5 miles of cable lol Seriously If you did get the whole lot I would be pulling crap off until you get some of it cleared out. Would be much more of a pain in the ass to sit in the much and try to pull gauges and crap out then to get it all out or at least one at a time first. I have the same problem here. there is a town here close by. There is a slew of mid 50s cars, a few 65-66 mustangs, nothing fancy a couple of early 50 studes, some cool old trucks half ton to well over 1 ton. supposedly belong to a guy is aged and in failing health, I sent letters tried phone numbers but to no avail. Hopefully some day.

Good luck

Will

14. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

man, beware of those vines, looks like wild berry bushes......they have some nasty thorns.... but what a find.......kinda, Its a damn shame too.

15. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

If that was in New Jersey there would probably be a body in the Caddy trunk. It looks like they are in a huge Blackberry patch. Big thorns. I know of another stash over there that was grown in just like those. A lot of them were 55-57 Chevys and a cool old sprint car still on the trailer. That one took a buldozer with a winch to drag them out. Good luck if you end up with the stuff.

16. James427

James427
    BANNED

What a shame, parking cars on wet land. Glad you are going to save what you can.

17. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Good find....reminds me of a place not far from here in Yelm with a bunch of old cars in the brush.....
    There's alot of this in WA, as it doesn't take long for plants to grow over stuff....

18. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

Seriously that would do the trick, rent a dozer and drag what you can to a reachable coner of the property, get everything that far in one day, then you can get to them and get stuff or sell the whole cars....thewre is plenty of profit after rental costs man

19. Abomination

Abomination

Trashed or not, any bucket seats in those Cadillacs or in that '59 Olds?

Even PARTS of those seats are valuable! A whole core pair goes for over $1k sometimes.

~Jason

20. 122wagon

122wagon
    from nowhere

thanks for the replies.

plan of action...clear out brush and trees so we can more adequately get around (not scream in pain from thousands of fucking thorns attacking you from every direction). Then we will inventory everything there is to 'assess the mess' and decide what gets stashed away for projects, and what gets hauled off to the Monroe swapmeet in the spring.

as far as sleeping beauties...we found a dead racoon who had most likely perished during a crazy cold snap we had a couple weeks ago, unusual for here and he probably wasnt prepared. Although he did have good taste, he was chillin (no pun intended) in the front of the 57 caddy.

This coming weekend is smash time, chainsaws and bush whackers to clear some shit out in a hurry. Look for more pictures and info.

21. Abomination

Abomination

I look forward to the pics!

~Jason

22. ...looks like you got your work cut out for ya; good luck and be careful.
    More pics as you go would be appreciated.

23. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid

You can get every single one of those cars out... just have to be creative...

24. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Wow did you see Jimmy Hoffa in there anywhere? Cool find.

25. SteadyT

SteadyT

SWEET JESUS!!!!! Please let us know when/if some goodies will be available outside of the Swap.

26. Anything you could snag off that Suburban - seats, window sliders, even the roof from the body crease up - is worth dragging out. Big $$$ on e-pay.

27. FEDER

FEDER

122, Im sure I know where thats at. Not too far from there maybe two lots up I helped a Buddie retrieve a 35 Ford coupe with numerous extra parts. It was in a shed that had collapsed and was covered with blackberry bushes.We pulled it out from the west side it was flat but took at least 200 ft of cable. Randy pointed out that stash. That was 12 to 15 yrs ago. Forgot all about it have fun. Hey what Ya doing thesedays? Havnt seen or heard from Ya for a long time. FEDER

28. Gravel

Gravel

Luckily around here we don't have snakes to deal with, and its too cold for any spiders, only other thing that comes out at you in a hurry is rats..

Sucks that they were left to die, but good thing you found them when you did instead of them getting another 20 yrs of that field rot.. Too bad I am not closer, I would come down and help you get some of them out of there, where there is a will, there is a way, and a dozer would certainly help your situation.

29. RichG

RichG

...you owe me a keyboard...

30. chevyshack

chevyshack

I was thinking that same thing. Could have been some old mafia hitman cars stashed away in the swamp. Maybe thats one of Elvis's caddies?!!Check the trunk!! You never know.