Register now to get rid of these ads!

SW temp sending unit question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Philbilly, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Philbilly

Philbilly

I bought a 3 gauge Stewart Warner set with temp, oil pressure, and volts.. My question is on the temp sending unit. I removed the stock temp sending unit and reducer bushing out of the Edelbrock intake. I went to install the SW and the reducer bushing that came with the gauge is too big. If I remove it, the threads on the sending unit is too small for the hole in the intake. I doubt I can tap the hole in the intake because of all the shavings. What can I do? Its like I need the stock reducer tapped larger, but it might be too thin if I can tap the reducer bushing larger. Any advice would be greatly appreciated? I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what to do.

Thanks,

Phil

2. aren't there more reducer/bushings in the box? usually there are 2-3 of them with most gauges. i assume the hole in the edelbrock intake is 1/2" NPT , what size do you need?

3. Philbilly

Philbilly

The reducer bushing that I had the stock temp sending unit in takes a 3/4" socket. I only had the 1 reducer bushing in the box for the SW sending unit. Its like I need that bushing inside diameter larger, but the outside diameter has to be the same size. Do they make a reducer bushing in odd sizes?

4. Muttley

Muttley

Time to visit the local hardware store.