Register now to get rid of these ads!

SW Chicago HAMB and eggs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by palosfv3, Oct 19, 2007.

1. During the Meet and Greet at last Saturdays HCPU I mentioned a breakfast get together for the SW Chicago HAMB'ers . Is there any interest in getting together weekly or monthly . I usually have breakfast on Saturday's at 7:00am at Chuck's Barbecue at 79th and Central Av. in Burbank ,Ill. Yeah , breakfast at a barbecue joint. Chuck's is one of the great places for food in the area. I'll be there till about 8:00am. If you want to join me , or we can kick it around on the HAMB. Your call.

It would nice to pull something like this together. Hell , maybe we can even create a national president.( I think I spelled that write !)

I have made some changes to our posting on this thread. I have created another thread on the HAMB & Eggs Social group for the chit chat stuff of the gang. It would be best to keep this thread active for the road trip stories, intro of new people and visitors, car stories, ect. It may take a little bit to get used to things but it should all be for the better.

Link to the social group thread
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?do=discuss&discussionid=309

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  2. palos, i was toying with the idea of trying to get the same thing going at the dunkin donuts at 108 and cicero. i like the idea of b-fast at a bbq place better though. i will try to roll out of bed a little earlier tomorrow to meet you there. mike

3. See you there.

4. Well Mike (Mitch36) and I met for breakfast this morning at Chuck's . I know it was short notice but you have to start sometime. We talked about a scheduled time and place for our continued meetings but left things open so we can come up with the best arrangement possible. It would be great to hear from the other area HAMB people on this subject. Yeah I know its early Saturday and you were out late but think of it this way, you can get an early start on tonites events.

5. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

"I wish I was closer!"

I'm about an hour and 45 minutes south of you in Indiana. I used to live in Lansing...

one of these days I'd like to do this... but I cant make it weekly.

Mike

6. I dont think weekly is practical , once a month sounds most likely. Saturday morning makes a better choice, since we would not have to compete with church and the Sunday breakfast lines and it can lead to getting out of lawn work and other household things scheduled for later that day. The location criteria . Good food , car friendly parking and management , decent location. Lets see who can make the date and see what happens. We cant let the Anti- donut crowd have all the fun.

7. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

true.

I'll pass the word around and see who I can scare up!

8. bluestang67

bluestang67

i enjoy a good breakfast but working afternoons and getting home after midnight i may nap in my plate at 7 am . Drives not bad being south on 45 about 20 miles.

9. i think once a month would work out great.i think this is something this area has needed for a while and hopefully we can get a decent group going.im thinking tiger mark and fomoco power would probably come so that will make at least four of us next time!come on guys how can you pass up good food and great conversation ? oh and bluestang if you start to fall asleep, im sure that either me or larry can poke you with a fork to wake you back up. ha ha . mike

10. Bump

I'll be at Chuck's at 7:00 am Saturday. I'm bumping just to see if theres any other interest . I've spoke to several others at the HCPU
    Meet & Greet but have not heard back from them . Location and time is negotiable. Your feedback will help make this a successful event.

11. larry, that was a good breakfast last week , unfortunately, i cant make it tommorrow . i pm'd fomocopower, tigermark , and 1lowtrk to clue them in that you would be there in the am. hopefully this will catch on and we can get a good turn out at least once a month.see ya later, mike

12. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

no-go for me n the morning.....too early for me...lol

i just got done installing a hitch and airlift springs on my new daily-driver.....don`t plan on waking up till atleast 10am...lol

13. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

How did i miss this? its sat morning 9am. Damn i must pay more attn!

14. id be interested in meeting up with the chicago folks sometime, sounds like a good plan to me! lemme know

15. "Old Bob Sign" knocked the rooster off the fence post and beat me to "Chucks" this morning. Had a great time going over the history of some of the Chicago area stripers . Larry suggested posting a link to the menu at Chucks. www.chuckscafe.com . as this may entice others to get up a little earlier and stop in and join us.
    Went over to the shop afterwards and looked over the Buick and the Facel projects.

Attached Files:

16. silent rick

silent rick

i'll make it one of these saturdays. right now, i've been working, just can't pass up the overtime. don't know how slow things will get over the winter.

17. Anyone thinking of being at Chuck's in the morning ?

18. tommorrow is saturday, anyone going? i am going to try to see you up there larry. hope to see some others also. mike

19. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

jeeze...I thought once a month....not every weekend..lol

I`ll be up,but I`m going to a Police Auction on Triton College...

20. hey jim, i got all those hubcaps in a bin , anytime you wanna come en get em . you know where im at . mike

21. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

mmmm....hubcaps....

22. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

I gota work but ill make it one sat

23. Larry, this is a good idea but as usual I'm catching on a little late and rolling out of bed way too late to make it today. When is the next on scheduled as I'd like to schlep on down from Aurora. BBQ breakfast!! I like the way you think.

24. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

I saw you guys there this morning....but I didn`t have time to stop...was running late as it was....hopefully next time for sure......I did however score a `96 Crown Vic Squad at the auction for $50+10% buyers premium...lol

25. Had a great time yesterday. "OldBobSign" and "Mitch36" showed up early. Larry filled us in on the progress of the Stripers Charity event that is being planned for the Chicago "World of Wheels" show in January. "FomocoPower' shame on you you didn't stop. I would have even bought breakfast . :D Hope to see you soon.

Attached Files:

26. I'm game for the next one!

How about a call Larry till I get back online permantly?

Joel

27. who is going to show up on saturday?i know larry will be there, he is there every saturday,lets all try to agree on a certain saturday of every month and get this thing off the ground. i know for a fact that the owners would love to have us there , saturdays seem a little slow.come on guys and roll out early for some good eats and lively conversation, you might even hear a good hamd adventure story from oldbobsign,i know i heard a couple last week that i found to be real interesting.if you dont show, you will be missing out. see ya ,mike

28. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

if i can get my ass up early again....

29. Hellfish

Hellfish

79th and Central?! That's like 15 minutes from me! I'm at 66th and Ashland. I don't know about tomorrow, but I'd be up for meeting you guys one of these saturdays

30. the more the merrier, as they say!