Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical suspension nightmare! Help!

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 604birdman, Oct 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, I’m looking at a 29 sedan, that’s been chopped and channeled. It looked really good in the photos, but something looked off in the front. I really don’t know what to make of it, besides possibly swapping the frame, but I’m taking possible suggestions. I don’t know what’s worse this, or a Mustang 2 set up.

It looks like a builder used a truck frame, and reshaped it, but kept the dual front leaf set up.
    The problem I see is there is such a huge sweep in the frame and the body is already so low, if I took out the leafs and went with a traditional leaf, axle and wishbones it might lower the front even more. F5F6B6CA-D4EA-4853-B141-301EF51065C1.jpeg 69B86179-8B9B-468C-BEBB-2229920B6E46.jpeg 606ABEB8-8496-4A37-A44D-5BB72A8886D5.jpeg FF30003C-BDAE-4EB9-B36D-287384860373.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2022
  2. Looks like a death trap from here :oops:.

3. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Springs look like trailer springs and not mounted properly, but beyond that and the shocks not being mounted I dont immediately see much else wrong with it given the style of build etc ( keener eyes will see more im sure!) Looks to be enough space to improve the springs yet retain the parallel configuration.

Not clear really what the issue is? You knew from any pics it was a rr style and sits low. Is it just too low?

Chris

Deuces and Ned Ludd like this.
  4. Well stop.

cretin, rmcroadster, Deuces and 6 others like this.

5. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I'm inclined to agree. The leaf springs are rather short, and I can't see much of the steering setup. The spring mountings are obviously horrible, as is the general standard of finish on the frame. I think the low body and especially the low grille shell are making it look worse than it might. A higher shell directly over the axle, and the body at a corresponding height, might improve things.

But nothing is really jumping out in its basic principle?

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  6. I'm no welder, but the job someone did when boxing those rails would make me walk away quickly.

Deuces and gimpyshotrods like this.
  7. Run away. Far away.

8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And stop making us look at it.

:D

cretin, Deuces, gimpyshotrods and 4 others like this.
  9. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

That sir is a rat rod. Rat rods are off topic here. Run as fast as you can from that piece of crap...

mr57, kadillackid, cretin and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.