Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects SURVIVOR;Working on my hotrod 28A from 1959,rebuild

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dana barlow, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Sure as shit, if you put it togehter with the cast crank, the next week or so you will come across a forged crank. :oops:

dana barlow likes this.
  2. Dick, aint that the truth!!
    Dana, hope it all comes together for you soon as you have some miles to clock up :D JW

dana barlow likes this.
  3. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

4. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I HAD A BRAIN FART AND POSTED THIS LINK ON THE WRONG THREAD:)
    I'M GLAD YOU LIKED IT ANYWAY.

dana barlow likes this.
  5. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

"enloe",cool thread on gasser. I do love Studys,had 4 coupes{ 2/53,1/54,1/55 SuperSpeedster,a 57 GoldenHawk n a Daytona GT Lark,all super cars,when your 73 like me there a lot of cars ya liked,only a very few I'd never wish to see again.

6. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I WILL BE 50 THIS YEAR AND I AM IN THE SAME BOAT. THERE ARE QUITE A FEW THAT GOT AWAY OVER THE YEARS THAT ARE "I WISH I HAD BACK" CARS

dana barlow likes this.
  7. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Just working along cleaning parts of my old y-block wanting for rod n main bearings to come in. Happy the crankshaft did clean up good at std, std. after all=wow took me a lot of work to fine that one,need to keep- eye out 4 more old Y-s as parts down the road. Well here is a video from back in 2011 of my son testing before take-apart an nice paint on his T we built together;
    https://www.facebook.com/dana.barlow.9/posts/866239383419178?notif_t=like

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  8. Sound like you will be up and running fairy soon and looking forward to many outing pics:D JW

9. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Dana.Do the machine shops still offer the weld up over size and grind back to std size on the rods and mains,or has that service gone the way of the DODO bird?
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

dana barlow likes this.
  10. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Gone With DOedoe birds ,have nest made of old cranks now. At lest here in fla.

11. loudbang

loudbang

Stop checking out all the young babes you come across and you will have more time to look for PARTS. :rolleyes:

kidcampbell71 and dana barlow like this.
  12. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Dana.Thanks for the reply.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

dana barlow likes this.
  13. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Got my newly new rebuilt 292Y,running today,started at about 2/3 of a turn over after pumping oil Psi up with the drill before adding diz. and being sure gas was up in carb. Very happy with it so far,oil at 75psi running,an droped off to 65 hot road speed, set timing,and valves sound good,I must of not missed any this time ether. Now need to let her go stone cold an retorqu heads sat. AM morrning. Then if shes a go,I'll do some cleaning n polishing thats gotten behind a bit,I love shiny,but only after she makes thunder an rubber smoke. 13544_orig.jpg

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  14. Cool Dana and may you have trouble free motoring ahead. JW:D:cool:

dana barlow likes this.
  15. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Dana, great you have it going again, now get out there and enjoy burning some rubber. :rolleyes:;)

dana barlow likes this.
  16. 59 brook

59 brook

hey dana maybe well see you north of the border soon:D
    as always its great to see the progress

dana barlow likes this.
  17. loudbang

loudbang

Good now you have lots of time for checking out cuties AGAIN. :rolleyes:

dana barlow likes this.
  18. Damn Dana ! That's a good lookin' engine ! Did I miss any new intel' on the log manifold you were building ? Looks like this intake is here to stay. It's too purtee' to toss.

19. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

5215st36av87.jpg
    Nothing new on log 4x2 intake yet,that will happen when Mike Cornish gets my headplates done.so I can finish it. Got motor running good sat. and desided to run over to the meet up at Ale House's giant parking lot as a first outing. Really nice weather an about 100plus cars. On the way home ,one headlight went out,so sunday is find headlight prob day

Last edited: May 9, 2015
    Model T1, AndersF and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  20. pitman

pitman

Nice job Dana, bet that thing is champin' at the bit!

dana barlow likes this.
  21. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Headlight prob was my screw up,I found out on sunday morring the one side was just unpluged= I had t bumped the wires that cross over top of tranny along btm cockpit floor when puting in engine/tranny. Though they were high enough out of way. EZ fix.
    Hope yu'all enjoy;Just a old photo from the 1960s.of Steve sitting on running board and I ,working on his Ford "Y" V8 powered "A" sedan"Scarlet Fever",trying,cooling off in the "shop"=carport.
    Image-20.JPG

Model T1, AndersF, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  22. pitman

pitman

Dunno, looks like a Black Oak Arkansas poster! ^

dana barlow likes this.
  23. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Ha,I only play my radio,thats too new a band 4 me anyway,DooWap mostly here

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    Johnnyolds98 likes this.
  24. Cool pic Dana, do you have any more of the car and is it still around? JW:D

25. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Steve's "A" sedan got cut up by someone that did not know its history as a early 60s hotrod,only 6years ago,I found out about it a month late,an emailed the new guy some old pick an info,but he was set on the choped up thing he was making=he shorten body by 14in. an set it on top of a S10,he love that. Well not me,but was not my rod an I didn't go get it when I should of,like a lot of things were hindsite it best,but to late. Here another photo of Steve "Scarlet Fever" when we're all on a camping trip and broke a leftrear axle,fixed on the roadside,took two days to fix cuz we had to send for a axle. We used my bumper clamp one wheel trailer to hall our gear an little boat. Its also why building sedan with out a back seat is never as much fun,we ran around a lot with 4 or even 5 riding in the sedan with its stock back seat. My roadster was two only or three if one was a fairly small lady.
    Image-18.JPG

Last edited: May 9, 2015
    pitman, Model T1, AndersF and 2 others like this.
  26. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

You can always make room for a fair small lady! :rolleyes:

loudbang, dana barlow and tb33anda3rd like this.
  27. Cool Storey Dana and a sad end for an early Rod. Those pics are priceless. JW

dana barlow likes this.
  28. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Want today to see a buddy,he took some pics of rod,this one was an angle I didn't have 51920015a.jpg

kiwijeff and Model T1 like this.
  29. Model T1

Model T1

Since I wrote about my old forgotten car I decided to check on yours. Holey shit some of you guys keep your stuff for a long time. Love the stories!
    The only T I had I restored. It was fun doing the work but driving a stock T stinks!

dana barlow likes this.
  30. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Boring, huh? :rolleyes:

Model T1 and dana barlow like this.