Register now to get rid of these ads!

Survivor Roadster From Chicago Area...Any Info?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrGasser, Aug 6, 2013.

1. sololobo

sololobo

Congrats on a super find. That baby rocks my world with the cool Olds. Best o luck gettin her up and drivin. Thanx for sharing. ~sololobo~

2. autobilly

autobilly

This kind of find blows my mind here in Oz!

3. Lurk king

Lurk king

Super rad.
    I'm really diggin the short fat tires with the pinner whites. What are they?

4. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Wow! This thing is killer! Such a Cool find man! I'm a sucker for roadsters. haha

5. 57rattler

57rattler
    from Michigan

Hey Guys,

I am the owner of this rod and had no idea that this was already posted. I started a new thread yesterday named '29 ford roadster barn find HELP. Thats when I found out about this thread. The trans is a 37 Lasalle and the tires are Inglewood Posi Traction, white stripes on the outside and red stripes on the inside.

6. Rajo 1

Rajo 1

Really cool car,survivor cars are really fun to play with and own. I wish they could talk.I would fix the mechanicals and drive that car as is for sure.

7. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

57rattler, I'm friends with Justin Z....I'm the one he asked for some help to find out any info on your roadster, that's why I started this thread with the pics that he sent me.

8. 57rattler

57rattler
    from Michigan

Hey MrGasser,

Thanks for the help with my car. Everyone was telling me to join HAMB and post something cause I might find what I am lookin for. Cant believe I missed this cause I check out this site alot although I never joined till now. JZ and his old man are really good buds and JZ was a ton of help with my sons Camaro build. After seein how lucky I really am to have scored this piece I am gettin really motivitated to start on a rehab. I really wanted to make sure I did the right thing with this car and now I know what to do cause of all the response. Will keep everyone posted on the progress. Thanks again.

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Wow! Man is that thing cool!

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Thats what I was thinking as well, '56-'58 ford with a button replacing the horn ring. I'll go grab mine out of the shop and compare it to the photos.

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

My '57 Wheel with the horn ring off. I'd call that a match...Pretty sure the wheels themselves are the same from '56-'58, with minor differences in the horn rings.

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

seems most of the parts on this thing arefrom around '56-'57.

13. F&J

F&J

I can't date the build. It does look late 50s, but I'd bet it is very early 60s. But it may be just that it had a few minor add-ons to throw a curve?

Those valve covers are "buy backs" that Isky got from GM, when the J2 export Nascar stuff was pulled from the parts books. I am just guessing.. 61/62? They are Isky, as the originals were not plated, and Isky plated all the buy backs and resold them.

Also the 2 outboard carbs on the 57/58 J2 intake are the wrong carbs, as they have chokes. i can't explain why that would happen, or when.

14. powrshftr

powrshftr

Man is that car cool...!
    I would say its been updated in the mid 60's at least....those seats look like '65-'66 Mustang.Whoever built that car not only knew their shit mechanically,but they had a really good eye for proportions and did a real nice job on the interior too...The white and red is not really my cup of tea,but you can bet that when that car was fresh and the paint and upholstery were new,that thing would draw a crowd anywhere it went.Such a cool car.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. pooboy

pooboy
    from SoCal

F'ing Gorgous, wouldn't change a thing on it... I love it!

16. Damn Sweet Roadster find!

17. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Amazing find.. Glad to hear the plan is to preserve this!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!