Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Survey - The future of watching Hot Rod / Motorcycle films - Motornation!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, Nov 17, 2014.

?
  1. Yes no brainer

50 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. Maybe

39 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. No i'll stick with cable tv

16 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

92 million homes? Holy crapola..

Hot rod propaganda galore!

2. Brujo29

Brujo29

Just got a Roku and wondered if the MotorNation channel will be making an appearance soon?

3. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Our Roku channel is done we are in the process of loading it with data and videos.. Should be ready within the next few weeks the most..

1952B3b23 and jakespeed63 like this.
  4. Just saw that Motor Trend is doing a similar thing 6.99 a month.

5. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Yes the 10 network launched during SEMA but it's big corporation trying to figure it all out.. They will bring you all the general motor stuff but once you get into the real Hot Rod / Custom / motorcycle world the first thing they posted was a horrible Rat Rod .. So you know where it's heading.. Although we are smaller we are independent and are ground level with some of the coolest film makers bringing new original content that only we can get.. And we were the first out the gate a year ago..

elgringo71 and PurdueSD like this.
  6. Evel, please post up when the Roku channel is done. I've been wanting that feature for awhile. Thanks.

-Chris

7. There's been Roku talk for almost a year (dang near since the start of this). If it's not gonna happen, just throw it out there, we'll live to breathe another day. Patient, but......

8. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Roku! So close.. coming soon..
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1449722557.429560.jpg

jakespeed63 likes this.
  9. 40Vert

40Vert

Any news on the Roku?

10. Evel, I am groovin' on Motornation's new format. Seems even easier to navigate, than previous one.
    Ever get a deal back with film maker Brian, whom did the Bonneville and Hot Rod stuff on Motornation's first inception?
    What about the guys at The American Hot Rod Foundation? Jim Miller, just sent me "DEUCE" and "SLINGSHOT" as Groundhog Gala raffle prizes. Well done historical movies.

JT

Evel likes this.
  11. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

So 2015 was filled with progression, complications, experiments, the unknown and some flakey web designers. We launched something that was about a year ahead of its time with the expectations that it would all be smooth and for the most part it was. 3 months in we decided to make our own platform and trusted in someone that gave us some very unfulfilled promises. Ultimately we scrapped it and started from scratch! We built the entire platform our selves and today finally we just got confirmation that our Roku channel is live so thats great news for us!! Now with a simple box that runs under 100 dollars you can stream 2000 channels including Motornation.tv right to your big screen tv!

funny this just reminded me when I joined the HAMB in 2002 and started talking about making these Vhs / DVD films. DVD's were just becoming available and it was a new media to present what was going on in our industry and culture. I'm blessed to have had the support from you all over these years to continue to push the technology and to preserve what we have now and make it easy for you the viewer to get real kick ass films!!

On that note we launched the new American Hot Rod Foundation Channel and we are very excited to be working with them as we dig into the very large actives they created over several years of the legends of racing. We also have the exclusive Born Free builder builders series. And new episodes of Speed and Chrome, Midwest Fabrication and of course Mad Fabricators. Hundreds of hours of films and growing.

Thanks for the support.
    12631315_1087944167906586_5845239287701248420_n.jpg 12670872_1087944101239926_8492166016241591346_n.jpg

elgringo71 likes this.
  12. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

13. Cant believe I never saw this thread before. Just orderd a ROKU 3 and once I get it, time for motor nation TV

Evel likes this.
  14. Hurray!! The American Hot Rod Foundation films are on Motornation TV!!
    The Duece episode is really good.

JT

Evel likes this.
  15. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bumping - finally signed up and am enjoying the hell out of the MFS stuff!

16. Tommy Ivo film was very entertaining. That guy is more fun than a barrel of monkeys