Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Survey - The future of watching Hot Rod / Motorcycle films - Motornation!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, Nov 17, 2014.

?
  1. Yes no brainer

50 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. Maybe

39 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. No i'll stick with cable tv

16 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Well myself and my business partner Dan James from Meditation 4 Madmen have been working on this for several months now and we are finally ready announce it to the world!

We are all tired of how channels like discovery is portraying our culture and this is dedicated to people that get what we do.. We are not only film guys but first we are hot rodders and bike builders... This network is made by guys like you... not some production company that knows nothing about this culture..

WELCOME TO MOTORNATION.TV!

vimeo.com/106560641

A new Netflix /Hulu style network for traditional Hot Rod, Kustom, Motorcycle, Instructional and original films and content! Coming January 2015!! Only 5.99 a month...

Motornation has some of the best films and film makers in the Hot Rod, Kustom, and Motorcycle world! We pride ourselves in bringing the nation great, well produced independent films as well as original content. We hand pick each film to make sure the quality of the film is spot on and we won't leave you with that bad taste in your mouth like those rat rod filled, drama loving, fake scripted shows that the cable networks are shoving down your throat. Its time for a revolution! A revolution of film makers to stand up and show the world that we are the best and document the best in the business and it all comes from people that actually are involved in this culture or ours... We get it!! unlike the fat cats at the cable company out to make a buck and bow down to advertisers.. We are now taking over your televisions and your computers and were giving you want you want! kick ass content!!!

Categories - Hot Rod / Customs - Motorcycles - Instructional - Van /Low Rider - Culture - and Classics

Heres just some of our ever-growing content providers:
    Mad Fabricators * Meditation 4 Madmen * Hot Rod Havoc * Atomic Hot Rods
    Hot Rod Revue * Choppahead * Hot Rod Films * Noisy Brigade *One World Studios
    Vintage Torque * Low Brow Customs * Driven * Midwest Fabrications *My Garage Rules
    Just to name a few....

My question to you is would you pay 5.99 a month for hundreds of hours of great films and original content?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  2. Would it be available in aus? If so, I'd be in for sure. I've been VOD'ing a lot of Mad Fab, NZ hot rod revue and Atomic stuff lately. So getting it all for one fee would be awesome.

Evel likes this.
  3. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Yes will be available all over the world!!! On many devices as well!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

kiwijeff likes this.
  4. Awesome. Sign me up.

sent via classroom note. pass it on

Evel likes this.

5. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Yup, sick of the utter garbage on pay.
    I pay premium coin down here(aus) for fox to watch shit, this would be a very welcome addition.
    Thommo

Evel likes this.
  6. deto

deto

Yes please

Evel likes this.
  7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

So one of the things we are gonna focus on is Original Content.. Meaning.. we will have cool shows that will have new episodes regularly.. for instance.. Mad Fabricators will become a series now.. Episode 1 Season 8 (Instead of Volume 8) so each web series will be putting up pieces every few weeks or sooner whatever it is..so you the viewer will have constant new original content..

Heres the web series we have in the works..
    Mad Fabricators
    Meditation from Madmen
    Midwest Fabrication - Bob Bleed
    Kustom City - Brad Masterson
    Driven Kustom Culture
    Noisy Brigade From - Australia
    My garage Rules from - Australia
    Hopper From Japan
    Chrome pipes and pinstipes - RoyBoy Productions

thommoina33 likes this.
  8. I'll be in it

Evel likes this.
  9. VIVA LA REVOLUTION! :D:D:D

Evel likes this.
  10. brady1929

brady1929

I might be in. Looks good.

Evel likes this.
  11. Sounds better than anything now(throwing tools&parts-adolescent drama).Hope it works.

Evel likes this.
  12. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

5.99 a month?...if I can get it on satellite ime in!

13. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Would i pay 5.99 per month for stuff like that?
    Do bears crap in the woods?
    Hell yeah!
    Just wondering,what kind of devices it needs?

Evel likes this.
  14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

TV is free, I got an antenny on my roof.

15. @Evel, would you still be producing future volumes of MFS on DVD??? I don't personally have internet or cable/satelite at home (that's right rabbit ears!). Plus, it is always nice to have something we can take and watch at a shop night or at the races. Thanks for all the work you have done to tie our little community together!

Evel likes this.
  16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sure, a quality product will always sell. Bob

Evel likes this.
  17. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I will be producing the older titles for maybe a year, but the reality is that DVD's are pretty much dead. The percentage of people that are still buying DVD's are not enough for me to continue to produce them. In other words I spend a chunk of money to replicate DVD's and they end up sitting on my shelf. I know people still want DVDs but the entire world is moving forward and faster then we can imagine...

18. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Not on satellite but if you have HDMI inputs on your TV it will be available on AppleTv, Roku and GoogleChrome (40.00) these set top devices allow you to stream internet on your TV. and in High Definition!

19. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

PC's * Tv's with Internet * Set Top streamers like AppleTv, Roku, GoogleChrome, * Tablets * Smart Phones * and Game Consoles

20. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

If all that doesn't tickle your nipples... We are gonna have an amazing instructional page with everything from Custom Upholstery with Fat Lucky to learning metal fabrication to custom paint with Matt Eagan to rebuilding motors and old school techniques with Brad Masterson and on..and on.. We also have the Lowbrow library of how to's.. WE ARE REALLY GONNA FOCUS ON BRINGING GREAT INSTRUCTIONAL CONTENT!!!! So now you will know how to fix your shit box... :D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

thommoina33 likes this.
  21. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

SOUNDS GREAT COUNT ME IN

Evel likes this.
  22. sweet-rolls

sweet-rolls

23. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Yes it will!!

24. Very interesting Piero! :cool:

25. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Not only do we have great indie films and original content... We have the classics as well! Hundreds of hours of content for the price of that Starbucks latte your sippin!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

26. Just the incentive I need to unplug Dish. Everything does seem to be migrating to 'internet based'. Thanks to everyone who is involved in getting this corralled into a packaged deal. Gonna take a lotta work to keep it fresh. I'm in.

27. Great concept, I look forward to seeing it.

28. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Thanks man.. It sure is going that way.. Basically whats happening in the last year content categories on Netflix has been branching off into there own subscription specific websites.. The WWE wrestling has one, Quello is all music concerts and documentaries , Food matters had one all about healthy eating films and instructional cooking films, Vapervue is all surfing, snowboarding, motocross, skating films and the list of these sites goes on and on..
    I just got word that HBO is going to have a subscription site that people that don't have cable can see all the great shows they produce... this is not gonna be a discussion this time next year. And thats why we are the only ones offering this.. We have dealt with cable networks and pitched many awesome shows for guys like us to watch and they just didn't understand... We are the network for traditional culture and we will have the coolest hand picked content!!
    People are tired of paying 150.00 + a month for only a hand full of channels that you actually watch... Why do people watch Fast N Loud? cause its all that is on and we watch it cause they are building something... But it all staged.. its not reality and it makes our culture look like shit. If your down with the drama and the Rats then stick with cable.. If you want to see independent content produced by guys that are actually into this then welcome.. I killed my TV years ago..

As for keeping it fresh.. it won't be a problem.. We are still getting new interest and in talks with many film makers and our origninal content providers will be keeping us very entertained.. as well as our instructional guys too!!!!

Hitchhiker likes this.
  29. wvenfield

wvenfield

30. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

We will have a free trial of some sort for those that are unsure about it :D

Hitchhiker likes this.