Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical sure fit vintage air for 55 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatmotor40, Jun 7, 2017.

1. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Anyone have a vintage air unit for a 55 Chevy A couple questions.How do you run the hoses to the vents and what vents do you use for the outer ones.Next what do you do about speakers in the org speaker grille my twp speakers will not fit at all.Not a lot of room under this dash.Thank for help or does anyone have pics of this.

2. I did a 55 for a friend. Just followed the instructions for the hose for the most part. Mounted two small speakers behind the original speaker grill.

3. A call to Vintage Air tech department might be a good idea. They should have biggest/best knowledge base for any MacGyver tricks needed.

4. [​IMG]
    Danchuk has the original style '55 dash vents. $300 but what it's supposed to look like.

5. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Thanks just seems to pile all those hoses in a place not big enough.As for speakers I had 2 on a brkt behind the grille but with the a/c unit it will not fit have to get smaller speakers.Thanks

6. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

Someone makes speaker pods that are part of the kick panel under each side of dash. Maybe Ecklers?

7. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Thanks will get back on it today and see what else I have to modify and get cool this summer.Waited late as I've owned this car since 74 and just putting air in it.Getting old I guess.Running the hoses is what I hate that fills up the underside of dash.Thanks

8. southcross2631

southcross2631

You right about a lot of hoses under the dash just did a 57 and it is a challenge especially if you move the wiper motor under the dash. The kick panel speakers work really well. Got mine from Classic Industries. Wouldn't buy a fire extinguisher from Eckler's if my car was on fire. It would either be on back order or not get shipped at all.

9. FYI Vintage Air sells a hose kit that the hoses are smaller in dia. and much more flexible. Also uses a different style crimp clamp. You can do the crimp clamps at home.

10. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Thanks for info on this part of my project.Need to finish and get back on the 35 Chevy standard build