Register now to get rid of these ads!

Support from your wife/girlfriend.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Jun 14, 2013.

1. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

I might have to change that to a 9.5, we were at cruise night last night and I was chatting with some of the guys about motor options for my '50 Merc project. As were wandering around she asked what I was going to do with the Flathead that's in the Merc now, I told her most likely put it off to the side until I find a suitable project for it. She grabs my arm, turns me around to face har and says, build me a hotrod, there you found your project!

2. Mine is split some days a 2 and others 12. Sometimes I get a what the hell is this but shes always up dor a ride

3. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I have to admit, my gal Ryann is easily a 9.5. She's always supportive of what I have going on, loves to take rides and never complains about exhaust smell or anything like that She goes with me to cruise nights and shows, and is more competent with tools than most men I know. Even though she can work on the car with me, she also recognizes that it's "me" time in the garage, and respects that and never gives me flack. That's a wonderful thing.

Honestly, I think she's happy to finally get the TV back when I'm out there. I monopolize that during hockey season.

4. Mine is a 10 for sure, just had our 46 year anniversary, had a hot rod when we met and lots of hot rods and race cars since. Never complains, drove 40 miles in a T bucket one Dec,in 20 degree weather to go to a christmas party.Loved it all the way

5. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

mine likes old cars but hates my 53 ford. will not ride in it. she wants "cute" told her we cant afford "cute"

6. Wildbill29tudor

Wildbill29tudor

I'd give my girl a 9, obsessive? No. Supportive? Yes. She likes old cars and trucks, but sometimes I catch he'll for being on here for too many hours a day lol

7. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

As far as my photography side of the hobby is concerned, she's very supportive, a 10. I've used her as a pinup for a couple magazine features and she loves that. The actual hot rod itself, a 7. Overall an 8.5, no complaints here.

8. guitarmook

guitarmook
    from Austin, TX

My wife has a bad back. Surgeries, fusions, yadda... The short wheelbase and the buggy springs in the Model A coupe are hard on her back. But just after the Roundup this year, I was planning on selling the coupe and working on a 50s ride that would be better for her, and she said "No. Don't sell the coupe. I love it. Keep it."

She's fantastic.

9. chopped

chopped

She cleans greasy engines without a complaint, color sands paint cause she thinks I suck at it. Never asks what something costs, hasn't been able to put her car in the garage for 15 years, I'd say a 10.

10. 8, my wife says the next project is going to be for.a little her 2 door 2 seater with no top. heck just the other day i was cleaning up the ol car for a show this weekend . she come out in the garage to hang out, and before you know it shes steam cleaning the interior. Love that woman

11. diamond dave

diamond dave

I'm gonna have to say at least a 9. She made plans on a Saturday night to help me change my fuel pump, and has helped a lot to get my stude ready for Columbus this weekend. She's a keeper.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

Smart man.:D

My wife knows I'm a whole lot more fun to be around if I get my garage therapy. She's a smart gal and encourages it. We've been married 14 years.

13. Truckedup

Truckedup

Judge for yourself :D And the wife like me is 66

[​IMG]

14. That's me.....

15. Rattle Trap

Rattle Trap

My Wife's a 10 but her taste in cars sucks.

16. RatPin

RatPin

She picked this up last weekend to use as yard art. Can't beat that!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  17. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Most of the time a 10. Her cars include a 1931 Plymouth that we have started on 4 times then back to other projects. Her 51 Ute, her OT Mita (until I build her a roadster). She the fastest driver in the Brew 102 at El Mirage with the Craigs List Motor. A 63 Mercury is awaiting a trans to become her daily driver.
    She slips in points a little when we break down, which happens often as I am a terrible builder: Fort Stockon Texas on the way to the Roundup, Buellton on the way to Paso, Camp Roberts at Paso, and just recentaly with a long trip to Crescent City in the Ute: a u-joint, three tires, one rim, one brake drum and three AA tows.
    And when we pulled house building funds for a land speed roadster, it was her idea.
    But still she hasn't kicked me to the curb, we will see when she gets her roadster.
    Oh and she is a pinstriper.

18. Heo2

Heo2

Mine is to supportiv. maby16.75-17 talk me in to buy junk i dont need
    you guys dont understand what i have to put up with:rolleyes:
    Well i Think i can live with it beacuse i Think she is kinda hot

Attached Files:

19. 80WTI

80WTI

Mine is a 10, we went to America for our honeymoon in which we went to Bonneville world finals, don garlits museum, musclecar city museum, peterson museum, wally parks museum, the hotrod reunion plus all the shop tours like mooneyes and hollywood hotrods and so on. She has also purchased a 1950 buick with the original straight eight in it for her cruiser. And she is still in her mid 20's and i am nearly 40 so she is a keeper.
    [​IMG]

20. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1373500403.005040.jpg Mine is a 10, when they get there hair dirty pulling a motor you know you have a keeper!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. TheKeystoneKid

TheKeystoneKid
    from Allentown

I got no support so I threw the bitch out.. Now it's just me and my hot rods.. The way god intended it!!!!

22. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

been married 25 yrs. she negotated the deal to buy our coupe 15 yrs. ago.she supports this habit with $$$ and ideas from time to time. i figure she is a 10+..........

23. hoodprop

hoodprop

I would have to say she is a solid 10. Always in the garage with me. Helps a little and tons of support. She also bought the truck I am working on. She loves my passion.

24. My dogs live in the shop full time and are always willing to get dirty, heck if we don't go to the shop I get barked at all night long. So I would say my dogs are 10's.

25. The 59 Source

The 59 Source
    from PNW

Solid 10. Just had our 9th anniversary and she still loves all of it. She has her own car and loves to take it to the shows but isn't affraid to get dirty at the swap meets either. She's definately a keeper.

26. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

Mine is a 9-10. She's pissed because I don;t have my 46 Chev. truck back together. I've gotten lazy with the truck but I can still drive my 48 Aerosedan in primer with the custom work done by my buddy Dale Curtis. So she will just have too come with more money or wait.........

27. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

My wife said Id better put down ten and asked why I am having to think it over.

But really it is a hard question because there are so many angles to it.She knows whats cool and was into motorsports before I meet her.She was driving a 47 Ford at the time.I would say just be thankful to spend time with her doing what we all love here even if its a little bit.I do wish I had a dollar for every time she asked when my 47 Olds was gonna get going again,Id have enough for paint

28. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

-20 10 8 3 5 2 7.. their aint no accounting for women folk.

29. Imperial66

Imperial66
    from NC

I'm one of the lucky one's, I got a 10+. She comes home with pics of the stuff she finds on her outings.

30. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I fucking hate my ex wife.