Register now to get rid of these ads!

Support from your wife/girlfriend.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Jun 14, 2013.

1. jer11ren

jer11ren

I can't even describe how lucky I am! After 25 years she actually pushes me sometimes. When I gave up on my 24/7 bash to finish my car for a show, I woke up and she had called her mom over to put the top on our "Special coupe".... She loves sitting around at shows listening to guys gripe about non car girls, she just winks and smiles!

Attached Files:

2. ronjr

ronjr

mine is a 8:)

3. jer11ren

jer11ren

Almost forgot, she's an 11.

Attached Files:

4. ronjr

ronjr

5. ronjr

ronjr

10 she loves old cars

6. PG

PG

I'd say an 8 or a 9. She's not real interested in working on my car with me, but she enjoys the passion that I have for old cars. When I really wanted a huge project she encouraged me to push my limits and go into something I had never delved into. When I stop working on my car after awhile, she asks and gives me a little push to get it on the road. I have definitely been blessed.

7. Dexter The Dog

Dexter The Dog

Mine would place herself much higher on the scale than I would.

There always seems to be a nearly unsurmountable heap of priorities sitting squarely on top of the car project.
    The hood trunk and roof are buckling under it all!

What is the secret to floating steel in this sea of obligation???

8. Johnny99

Johnny99

Easy 9.5. Knew she was the girl for me when I saw her pick up a transmission 30 years ago.:p Not into the car scene so much but very supportive of my hobby. Had a crappy car deal go down for me not to long ago, she really helped me through it. Loves my signs and yard art. Called her from a garage sale not to long ago, me "hey I found a phone booth for the front of the shop", her "bring it home".

Happy Fathers Day All!

John

Attached Files:

9. pumpman

pumpman

Have to go with a 10. Not that it's a day at the beach all the time but she has put up with my obsessions for a long time. I know I could not live with a person like me but some how she has. She pretty much does it all, the road trips for junk, helping me when I need her to, loves cars and watches car build shows even if I'm not home. Ya, I'm pretty damn lucky.

10. 1pickup

1pickup

A good solid 8 & moving up. Only been married a short time, & she hasn't had much exposure to the lifestyle before me. She has helped in the shop, pushes me to spend time working on my stuff when she thinks I've been doing house projects too much, has a sportster & wants to ride my Triumph to work, & has already laid claim to my chopped '37 Chev P/U. I think she's a keeper.

11. Degenerate

Degenerate
    from Indiana

I would list my wife at 10+. Her first husband wouldn't let her attend a stained glass workshop for $150.00 but didn't mind buying 75 dollars worth of hair care products for himself. In '05 late one night I made a deal for a vintage airplane project. In the morning I was dropping the trailer on the back of the truck and headed to dallas area to buy it for 17 grand, she brought me a cup of coffee and didn't bat an eye. Married 15 years. She dosen't care much for shiny candy paint street rod type cars and recently attended Beatersville with me and seemed to like all the good workmanship and fabrication, she knows the difference between a r*t r*d and a well built project.

12. Custompainter99

Custompainter99
    from San Jose

6 most days (bitches about the $$$ I spend) 8-9 when we go to shows or at least pretends to like going LOL..this is after 25 yrs of being married!!

13. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Exactly! Mine said I couldn't get another one until I bought her a house. I bought a Model T and we have begun looking for a house. Married 13 years this past Monday. I love her!:D

14. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

My wife is a huge help, and I'd say a 10 easy. She helps wrench, detail, and supports my parts purchases (if we have the funds) but also reigns me in before I make dumb decisions. I've already been told what my next projects are and what I can't sell...so she's pretty attached to our fleet. Now if I could just convince her to buy MORE cars.

15. I'll give mine a 10, even though she isn't totally a car girl. Been married 18 years, but the last couple have been the best. She supports me totally. The key for us, is me doing fun stuff with her that she enjoys. Turns out that if I give her lots of attention, it ends up benefitting me :)

16. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love my wife BUT .......

She hates the shit except for Back to the 50's. That's why I have a separate business to fund the addiction. That way, she can't complain about money spent.

17. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

My doggys don't care when I am working on anything, as long as I leave the screen door closed and garage door open so they can watch....

My doggys do like to go for a ride.

SO 0 for wrenching, 10 for a ride...LoL

Here is the way I see it. Lock your girl and your dog in the trunk for an hour, when you open it, who is happy to see you? that's the one you keep...

18. Dude, on a scale of 1 to 10, that's a 15.

19. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

I bought a 40 Ford in 2008. running driving car but needed alot of updating. one sunday morning I took the wife out to the garage and showed and explained what needed to be done and why, stressing safety and reliability mainly,took about 2 hours. since then she's never questioned anything I want to do. DEFINITE 10

20. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

unfortunately, thats not her in my avatar

21. ydopen

ydopen

My wife has encouraged me in all my shop projects for 41 years. Gotta be a 10.

John

22. pila38

pila38

I'll never catch her in the garage, at a junkyard, or going to a show by herself, but she will ALWAYS go anywhere with me (and all 3 daughters!). She buys me parts for all occasions, listens to what I did in the garage that day, and will lend a hand if asked. Although, she does bust my chops that I ask for the most boring gifts for holidays and birthdays. For that she gets knocked down to a 9!

EDIT: Forgot to add that she's pretty damned attractive too, AND pays for my alliance membership every year.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  23. About 6 or 7, I guess. It isn't an easy answer, even after forty plus years, she will not go to events. She did attend awards at Oakland Roadster Show when I had a car there about 20 years ago. She supported my building a 2,300sf shop for working on cars about 8 years ago. ... and she makes me lunch and eats with me there often enough. She says "no more car building allowed after this one" every so often, but accepts building the next one after a while. She needs to be pushed to even look at my latest bit of progress. ... but tolerance of me and my hobby is worth a lot. I'll bump that rating to a nine!

24. pila38

pila38

^^^^^That's the key right there!^^^

25. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

26. 34Larry

34Larry

Yeah that's what mine did when we were dating. Even drove one of my rides to shows at that time.

Then we married. She changed, disregards most of my car activities and will not even entertain for one second going to a show.

27. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

My wife knows if I don't get my garage time I'm not a happy camper. She also knows I make time for "us" when I get my garage time. She actually supports it and that's why we've been married for 13+ years. I did explain the need for it before we got married and made it clear it was not going to change after we got married. Marriage is one of those things you have to be completely honest about or it's doomed from the start.

28. cobra2

cobra2
    from dallas

My wife was a 10 thirty years ago. Now she is more like a 3. It all happened when I sold her '30 A pickup.

29. WOODEYE

WOODEYE

I would want to rate mine as a 10. She has supported me in anything I have ever wanted to try or do. She will go willingly anywhere I go and I am proud to have her with me. Always makes me look a bit better when she is along for the ride. If I need help she puts on her gloves and will try anything I ask of her with no gripes even though she hasn't a clue what she is doing. After 47 plus years of taking care of me she ought to be Sainted. Hopefully she won't be asked to assign a number to me. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that she is also "the meanest white women in all of Tulsa County Oklahoma"

30. ty johnson

ty johnson

Good solid 9 here. Just depends on what i'm working on a the time. lol