Register now to get rid of these ads!

Supplier for Flathead water pumps

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Missing Link, May 6, 2004.

1. Missing Link

Missing Link

Does it ever end?
    I tried a search because I know this came up recently, but my sorry ass can't be finding it.
    I am looking for a good, reliable, and quick source for some new water pumps for my 59AB. I saw the one's in Speedway's catalog but remembered that some of you folks had problems with receiving them in a timely fashion. I can call Spedway to ensure stock status if I must, but does anyone have any real good experience with other supppliers?
    The one pump is leaking like an infected Ethiopian and spraying anti-anti-anti-freeze all over the jernt. Of course this soaks the distributor and then causes a massive miss fire. I fingered I would replace both pumps at the same time to hopefully avoid future problems. I also thought about rebuilding the pumps. I will also do that and keep them as spares...maybe use them in a different project. So I would prefer to go with something new. Any help with a good supplier is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. F1James

F1James

Dennis Carpenter in Charolet Nc.has very fast shipping on the water pump i purchased from them also has rebuld kits.Thay also have a web site

3. Paul2748

Paul2748

Also try JOBLOT Automotive in NY - 718-468-8585. I got fast service from them.

4. Flatattack Racing is an Aussie company making many speed parts for flat heads. "These water pumps are made from aluminium heat treated to T6 and utilise a double row ball bearing and ceramic seal with cast iron impellor, featuring curved fins for more flow. To suit 1949-54 pickup and truck, 1937-48 truck and 1937-48 passenger car." $195AU, that works out to about $140US. This is a quality product that Mike uses in his own record breaking salt lakes racers.
    Distributor in the US is RED'S HEADERS

[​IMG]

5. Iceberg

Iceberg

I just bought mine from NAPA for $60 (exchange) w/ gasket and a lifetime warr. NAPA can usually get most of your common use flatty stuff like fan belts, points, condensers, caps , rotor, and the like. Some times it just sucks to have to wait on mail order parts. One of the guys (crusty old fart) on Fordbarn.com preaches about some hyper expensive super whamo miracle cooling flatty water pumps. I say just buy some from NAPA and drive away happy and with some coin in your pocket.

6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I usually get them in two days from Mac's Ford parts,
    Great service. No problem with the pumps. [ QUOTE ]
    some hyper expensive super whamo miracle cooling flatty water pumps

[/ QUOTE ] The Super cooling pump is from Fla, His name is Skip Haney. Everyone with a heat problem has found them to take care of it. Not real expensive. Check out the Fordbarn for his contact info.

7. MBL

MBL

I just got a pair at Napa too. Don't know how they will work but the were much cheaper than the new alternatives. you can get new ones also from order through Advance Discount auto parts. The site is for parts america.

http://www.partsamerica.com/

Check it out.
    Tim
    MBL

8. Jim Marlett

Jim Marlett

9. Gracie

Gracie

I got mine from Dennis Carpenter and have had no trouble with them whatsoever.

10. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

For the non "traditional" types; Flatattack makes a "water pump adaptor."

Go here..
    http://www.reds-headers.com/html/flatattack.htm

and scan down to "Saddle type engine mount"

Only trouble is the water pump it uses, is getting harder to find than stock flathead pumps.

11. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I got mine from Carquest - modern seals & lifetime warranty. A little more expensive than NAPA though at about $70/ea

[​IMG]

12. Missing Link

Missing Link

Thanks for the help all.

13. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Dennis Carpenter does ship quickly.
    He also does Visa/MasterCard/ect......
    I drive up there most of time when I need something (roadtrip) but have used him a bunch for 40 Ford coupe. He is about 1 mile from the Charlotte Motor Speedway ( now called Lowes.... [​IMG])

Lots of neat stuff around there.
    Nascar shops
    Bass Pro shop
    Speedway Harley Davidson
    a bunch of fish camps......good eating [​IMG]

[​IMG]