Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods supercharged y block help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Twisted_Fate, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Twisted_Fate

Twisted_Fate

I just picked up a vs75 supercharger, printed out the 25 page installation and service manual and did a little bit of research here's what I don't understand (so far) and would need a little help with.
    The info:
    I have a 56 f100 with a 292, 4bbl intake/ blow through carb, stock fuel pump, factory dizzy/ ignition, headers, ported head, upgraded valve springs.
    The questions:
    1) can I switch to electronic ignition?
    2) what am I hooking this wire from under the logo that apparently runs to solenoid regulator.
    3) since it's difficult to find an f bird fuel pump what can I use in its place? What pressure do I need? and what is a good pump to boost reference
    4)anything quirky I have to look forward to?
    5)advice?
    6)im custom making a drivers side bracket buuuut does anyone have any idea where I could find one premade that would save me a headache(since I've been looking I haven't been able to locate any)
    7) is it possible to run my alt, and ac along with this blower? I'm starting to get nervous about the possibility of taking my ac and trashing it.
    8) would it be easier to just wire the solenoid regulator wide open and use a bypass valve?
    9) anything i'm forgetting?

Thanks in advance!
    Joey.

2. prez

prez

join yblocksforever !!!!!

3. try John Mummert @ ford-y-block.com he think he offers brackets for superchargers

4. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Send me a pm, I'll forward my pictures of a similar setup. Also a picture of the original driver side bracket. Don't know how to upload here.