Register now to get rid of these ads!

Super Secret Insider Info...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RF, Jul 5, 2005.

1. RF

RF

Not like Custom Rodder is the most well like mag around here, but I'd like to provide some info to a select few. Last year, we did a "7th Issue", which was polybagged (that's plastic-baggied) to the September issue of Street Rodder. Unfortunately, not everyone knew about it, especially many of the subscribers. Well, they're doing it again. This one's kinda more cool in some ways than the last, and it's not because I had nothing to do with it...well, I sorta did, and if you buy it, you'll see. Should be on newsstands (and ONLY on newsstands--no subs!) next week. I don't know what's on the cover of SR, but I think the plastic baggy ought to be a dead giveaway!

2. FONZI

FONZI

whispers "thanks Rob"

FONZI

3. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I think it sucks that the loyal readers get screwed and don't get it in the mail.

4. RF

RF

Yeah, you pay for six (half price even) and only get six. That really sucks! (Think about it this way: For a dollar or two more, you get a whoppin issue of Street Rodder...whoo-hoo!)

5. Spike!

Spike!

Hey..I LIKE Custom Rodder (Only because my car was in it a few issues ago) Actually, it wasn't my car then..anyway, I like Rob too (Although I don't even know him). Maybe I'm just in a good mood. Thanks for the scoop Rob. I won't tell anyone. Unless you want me to. Then I'll tell all of my friend (singular).

Spike

6. hey tony, STFU you little garden nome!!

Thanks man, ill deffinitly pick it up

7. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The "poly" is really a mental condom preventing the spread of billet. Be forewarned if you are going to read "bareback". :rolleyes:

8. RF

RF

So you might easily think...ol' poop clodz it's not, but then again that's not a bad thing.

9. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Wait 'til you actually meet Rob, THEN tell us if you still like him!
    :)

10. Spike!

Spike!

Send him over. Hey..any openings at CR? ha ha ha...

Spike

11. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

the 7th issue thing pissed me off last year when I heard about it. being a mag junkie, I could have gotten an extra hit that month.... ( I would have bought the special streetrodder issue for it if I had only know about it,,, that is what pissed me off, such poor advertising it was coming out)...

Hey rob, how are liking the Classic truck gig, I was checking out the latest issue and it looks good.

12. Not trying to start a fight,but since you raised the subject:

Any time I ever bought a magazine in a bag,I regretted it.
    Sometimes it's easy to spot a pattern.
    Now,if I can't read it,I don't buy it.No exceptions.

Never mind the fact that just bolting shiney aftermarket wheels on
    an otherwise stock,old,car hardly makes it a "Custom".

Custom Rodder USED TO be may favorite magazine;
    but things have obviously changed.

13. RF

RF

I tear open copies of FHM and Stuff. I know there'll be boobies inside, but I want to see how many. Translate boobs into whitewalls and proceed at will. Use the SR for future striping jobs or to pack parts into boxes, I don't care.

14. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

in canada people dont open thebags and read them in the stores before they buy them?

i KNEW therre was a reason to hate canada.

15. Thanks for the tip Rob... I buy SRM when there's good tech in it or cars that I like... and even for the add and to see what new products are being produces... oh hell, what am I saying... I buy it all the time!

Sam.

p.s. are you coming up for the Asphalt Invitational? If so, stop by and say hi or get ahold of me ahead of time.
    Sam.

16. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Bookstores around here are hip to the baggie mags...they always open a copy and set it up front so people don't rip open EVERY copy in the store...the 'display issue' gets pawed and the rest get bought.

CUSTOM RODDER is always cool because cars in that mag don't need to follow any set guidelines...Cool IS the Rule, which works by my tastes. How many flat black cars with small block Chevys can ya handle looking at, anyway???

Thanks for the tip, RF!

17. Hey Rob?
    I've got like....well almost $3.50 in 'merkin money I'll send you if you NEVER say "Poop Clodz" again.
    Ever.
    :D

18. RF

RF

I just found out what "merkin" meant...now, how the hell am I gonna use $3.50 to get it? That won't even get me lunch at Jack in the Crotch anymore.

19. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This isn't going to turn into a mud thread is it? Where's the creme filled jaffas?!

20. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Actually Rob, I was referring to the SRM. I have a sub to CR... :rolleyes:

21. RF

RF

Sorry...

22. Your right El C...this shouldn't go the "mud" route.
    dash mike dash will be pissed....I begged and pleaded with him not to bring his merkin to the JJ board.

I offered him almost twice as much as I just offered Rob not to do it....then mentioned something about NAMBLA.....

but I'm not sayin anything.

:D

23. RF

RF

Okay, maybe my learned definition of merkin is different...if it doesn't rhyme with "toosy" or "foonanny", then I'm out...

24. Too fuckin' funny....
    Is, "Yes but no" an acceptable reply?

25. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You can put the bag over your head and use it to concentrate and inhale dangerous chemicals.