Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sundays Models 11/24/13

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by halfasskustoms, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Race Artist

Race Artist

Hmmm, I'll have to look up where Brandon is. I've heard of it.
    Joel

2. Wow.....this is an old thread. I went through it and low and behold, I had posted something in it...LOL

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Joel, it's just east of downtown Tampa. Give me a shout before you head this way again. Gary

4. Pete L.

Pete L.
    from New Jersey

IMG_8399-vi.jpg
    AWESOME !!!!! Here's mine in 1/25

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  5. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    Back when we were making models of custom cars and hot rods, we had to use small fingernail files to shape new body fillings and curves. Pretty soon, it was harder to detail those small places as the files were still too large. So, we got some old dental tools and sterilized them. Then using the flat blade tool, was able to shape any filling or soft filler before it got totally stiff. The sharp end tools were good to make holes and scrape off stuff the got into odd places. They acted like large toothpicks for detailing, except they did not break. You know how the dentist cleans your teeth, well, these are those tools, but much older. They are sold in antique shops everywhere. The flat blade tool was very handy in spreading body filler smoothly and in shaping. When you needed to get into the smallest place, those sharp pointy end ones do the job. You can even glue small emery cloth pieces for super detailed sanding in small places. Just a thought. Where are my models, well back then, they were cool until they started to take over the bookshelves...then my mom...old story...but, i still have my old lost wax casting rods that were my frames and headers...
    Thanks,
    Jnaki
    upload_2016-7-31_4-35-33.jpeg

6. Deuces

Deuces

Great models guys!!!! :)
    Thanks for posting those...

7. Not a hot rod, but; Here's a 1/35 scale OSKOSH M1070 HETT tractor I buit with a theater installed CPK (crew protection kit):

[​IMG]

And here's the same M1070 next to a WWII vintage M26 Dragon wagon, the chain driven armored Heavy Equipment Transporter of it's day:

[​IMG]

Still working on the 40 wheel M1000 trailer that goes with the M1070 HETT.....

Cheesy iPhone pics.....

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Guys, this thread is obsolete as a Sunday model posting.
    A couple of years ago, I implemented a process to keep one single "Sunday Models" forum thread going as a continuous thread that would be added to each week (similar to the "Sitting and rotting" or "Los Angeles" threads).

Prior to this, each Sunday someone would start a new Sunday Model thread. Sometimes there were multiple threads started the same day. It was a mess. If someone posted progress of an ongoing build they would sometimes add progress pics to their old 'Sunday' thread or add it to the newest weekly thread. There were always a lot of posts asking which post 'such and such' model was pictured.

This continuous thread is the one central Sunday post, and is years old. It's essentially a new chapter each Sunday and is fun to scroll back through to revisit some very cool builds;

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/sunday-models.869868/page-62