Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sundays Models 11/17/13

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by halfasskustoms, Nov 17, 2013.

1. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Its that time again. What you working this week.

2. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Good Morning Guys ! I'll start things off this week . Amt's 1925 T DOUBLE kit was first released in late 1960 . I got my first one in '63 for Christmas, when I was 7 ! It has been re - released many times in the last 53 yrs. . Here is one I built (like the box art) a few years ago .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. This is an 1/8th scale Ford Flathead engine for Revell/Monogram 1/8th Scale 1932 Ford. I will paint the intake manifold aluminum and the shift tower gloss black. Heads are a bit too shiney, might have to do something. We'll see.

I must say the tires for the Revell version of this kit leave a lot to be desired. The big and littles they give are warped and malformed. And the fat tires are slightly warped and very very soft compared to the original Monogram issue. The fronts are so soft that I doubt they can support the model. Very disappointing. Lucky for me I have some of the old Monogram tires so I'll be using those. The problem with the Revell tires is that the material is too soft and the tires were put in the packaging before they could cool down in shape. They are forced against the packaging while warm and are deformed when they cool. I might add that the most latest issue of this kit is produced in China, whereas before it was produced in Morton Grove, Illinois-- a very real drop off in quality in the tire department.

Attached Files:

4. oldskooltin

oldskooltin
    from nc

Posting some pics of a 1/18 scale batmobile I am in the process of converting to a Futura. Was going to make it look more like the 1/25 scale car, but I kind of like the look it has now. Kind of reminds me of clay mockup you may have seen in the Lincoln studio.

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      159.9 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      131.5 KB
      Views:

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I had a few bad ones too, but you can ask for replacements on the Revell-Monogram site and they send them at no charge. Gary

6. oldskooltin

oldskooltin
    from nc

Bubble top T-Bird out of the box, kind of dusty, been built for awhile.

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      168.6 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      160.6 KB
      Views:
  7. John Lafayette

John Lafayette

Look forward to this thread! I will post some pics. soon. The new kits are great except the China thing! I started models in about 1970 and had to live through the dark mid to late 70's vans, corvette,vega and pinto crap. I remember going to KMart to buy them and searching forever for something cool!

8. josh higgins

josh higgins

Here's a small foam model I made and used to build a slightly bigger model of a 1920 Monroe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Love it!

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Man, thats a trip back in time! Way cool!

12. any chance there's abuild thread somewhere for this? fantastic!

13. josh higgins

josh higgins

Thanks for the compliment. The build is still underway over at the cyclekart site.

The vibe over on that site is all business with real deal racers and no joking around. For real.

Actually no, not really. You do have to be a member to see pictures and stuff though. For real.

http://www.cyclekartclub.com/phorum/read.php?2,2029

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  14. scrubba

scrubba

I started a Sunday Model thread this morning and somehow , I have no idea what happened . Anyway, here's the latest at Randy's Do Nuts in Inglewood California :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm having to revamp lot on the supports for the do nut . Hopefully, next week I can post more and a decent up date even ! scrubba

15. stratocaster

stratocaster

16. 46stude

46stude

Started mocking this one up tonite. Have been away from the modeling bench for several months, so I'm hoping to use this one to get me outta my slump.

Attached Files:

17. Josh, sorry for not getting back to you... pm box is flooded :D

Your Monroe is FANTASTIC!!!