Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sundays Models 10/20/13

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by halfasskustoms, Oct 20, 2013.

1. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Sunday already....Wow where'd the time go.

What you working this week.

2. raymay

raymay

Stopped by a friends last night to pick up a part that got damaged on one of my diecast cars. He has been an avid modeler with a collection he started some 50 years ago. A custom guy at heart who owns 2 very nice 50's Pontiac customs. He sometimes takes pictures of cars he likes at shows and then duplicates them in model form. I think he said he had 50 or more Merc models.

The Merc limo is one of his scratch built creations.
    A 62 Pontiac is one of the many slot cars that he has been building for himself and a few others that race them at a local hobby track.
    He built his own rendition of the 55 Chevy Playboy Bunny Coach.
    The 2 scratch built Rods are a real eye catcher.

Attached Files:

3. Old Sprinter

Old Sprinter

A first for me; I finished two cars in the same weekend. A sprinter that went to the Open Wheel Museum in Phoenix and and an old 70s supermodified that went to the driver's family. All are 1/8 scale and scratch built.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. miwi

miwi
    from Germany

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013

5. Pscott

Pscott

just finished this 55 Chevy sedan

Attached Files:

6. wisdonm

wisdonm

Thanks for sharing the pixs, Michael.

7. Several years ago my folks told me that they were moving out of their house; my mom said come get your shit out of the attic.

While I was doing that, I found this 1/8th Scale Monogram 1932 Ford Roadster that I built in the early 1980s. I don't remember the exact circumstances of how it got cooked and the body smashed. The car was disassembled and carefully packed in plastic bags and boxed.

Recently I retrieved the model from my storage facility. After examining the model I feel that it can be rebuilt and again displayed. The body was in very poor shape, so I replaced it with a spare roadster body (plus I am just too dog gone lazy to restore the original body at this time). During the winter I will rebuild this old model kit and post the progress on Sundays.

Attached Files:

8. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Pscott, That '55 is one sharp tasteful build!

9. I have several 1/8th scale 1932 Ford kits. The latest issue comes with Ford Flathead and big and little tire option. I will be building this one as a black HighBoy while I rebuild the full fendered Yellow Roadster (which will be repainted another color).

Look at how warped these tires are; these came with the latest Monogram/Revell 1932 Ford kit. Very disappointed. I have extra 1/8th scale tires. I'll see if Rev/Mono will replace these.

I have another 1932 Ford that I will build (in the future some time) and I will be using a George Zurowski 5W Coupe body and a Zurowski 48 Ford Flathead engine. I have two spots in the house where they can go. The highboy will be displayed in a garage diorama that I will scratchbuild. More to come.

Attached Files:

10. t-rod

t-rod

I was in my local HobbyTown about 6 weeks ago and the guy there told me about the model contest coming up in about 6 weeks. I've got many kits in the garage in various states of being ignored, so I decided to pull one out and finish it in time. The '34's engine was already done, so it was chosen. I was polishing paint yesterday morning, but finished in time. I did the Willys last year so I took it to the show as well. The Ford placed third overall.

Attached Files:

11. inlinr6

inlinr6

12. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Great start sofar guys. Great pics,

Already doing better then last week.

Keep them coming.

13. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Hey guys ! Great looking models today by everyone !
    Here is my AMT '32 Victoria that I built about 15 yrs. ago........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Great work there , everyone !

15. I love those Old School Rails!!! US 30 Drag Strip.

16. Old Sprinter

Old Sprinter

The 55 Chevy and the two front engine dragsters are over the top, man. All the models, this week, are outstanding works of art, just those two do it for me.

17. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Nice?
    I'll say!
    Looking at these makes me want to throw mine in the trash.

18. scrubba

scrubba

Come on, last week was a bust ...................

Last week, I promised everyone pictures of Randy's Do-Nuts in Inglewood California . Well, I'm slowly getting there . Hey, been rainin and I can't do Fiberglass in the out doors in the rain .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Probably a lot cleaner looking building by next week

EVERYONE! NEXT SATURDAY - NORFOLK VIRGINIA , THE Tidewater Automotive Modelers show an swap meet !!!!!!!!! Y'all be there if ya can .....

scrubba

19. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

NICE. What scale is it? Gary

20. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

^^^Its 1/25th scale.^^^^

Scrubba dude that thing is coming out great. U a dio masta.

21. thehazguy

thehazguy

Really nice work guys. You can tell cooler weather is coming, more items being posted.

22. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I came up with a quick answer for the rear end of my Midget Hauler. I just cut off the back third of the bed, and lowered it in between the rear fenders, underneath the platform.
    [​IMG]

23. scrubba

scrubba

So you're kind of scratch building a 1941 Chevrolet C O E too........ ??????

scrubba

24. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Nice turn out this week ya'll. Lots of nice werk. I gotta find the gumption to get back after it and finish some of mine.

25. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Yeah Scrubba, I took the challenge of the "Unfinished Modelers" Facebook club. I just finished the grille. Now after paint, I'll foil these, and black out the back ground.

[​IMG]

26. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I started my grille by getting the back ground sheet plastic to the shape that the new hood lines, and cowl height would put it at. Then taking Half Round Evergreen Styrene, I started from the kits grille, (after I cut off the top portion) and started stacking them. I used the same width strips as spacers when I glued down the grille bars, so it would closely resemble the factory vertical bars below.

[​IMG]
    I glued one side of the bar in place, then after it tacked up real good, I'd bend the bar over, cut it to fit, and glue the other side down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'm not totally satisfied with the top 2 bars on top of each other. I still may modify that.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  27. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

WOW that COE is so sweet. Great job on all of it.

28. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

WOW ! Nice stuff guys !!

29. Nitro Marty

Nitro Marty

Been a long time since I've posted anything here, but this is what I've been messin' with...... Just about ready for paint!

[​IMG]

Pretty twisted, huh? :D