Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday Niagara Drag Reunion 09, Buffalo NY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PastGas33, Jul 10, 2009.

1. swade 41;
    The green Anglia was ONE of the period correct cars that was in the class..He went out first round to eventual winner Nelson Bilyk in the red 33 willys coupe..(ONDR member btw).
    Last week we took Skip & his wife out for supper ,as they raced up here last week, July 25-26.

They were running for Oddy $$,so fixing the raduis rods was a MUST.

Rick

2. I know on the way home I had a bad itch to stand on the loud pedal at every red light that I happened to be first in line at. Now of course being the law respecting guy that I am I didn't do it or it could have something to do with the two warnings I received last year...lol
    I sure get pumped up watching this stuff and today I was out getting some u-bends cut and talking with the metal fab shop about steel to finish up the truck bed on the 41.

3. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just wanted to say that it was a pleasure meeting jeff norwell at the willys home run. It was great talking to you and looking your sweet little truck over. We will be there again next year. Thanks for the compliments on our truck. It was fun having it there and cruising around the pits some.
    Gasser Girl

4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Gasser Girl....and your man Larry.....the pleasure was all mine.....what a killer
    lil Willy Pick-me-up!!!!
    I really enjoyed our meeting.

see ya next year for sure!

5. Damn, hoodlums!!-MIKE:eek::D:p

6. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

It was a GOOD time alright! Great racing, met up with some friends I hadn't seen in a while, and met a few new ones. Got sun-baked to a crisp... ouch... Good to finally meet face-to-face, Mr. Norwell. Nice talking with you and checking out your unbelieveably cool deuce pickup in person. I'll be posting up my pics here at some point today.

7. A little OT but this was the quickest pass of the weekend, anyone that has used the return road can appreciate this

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UJb5oWZbWWo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UJb5oWZbWWo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

Here's a few photos from last weekend. http://rides.webshots.com/album/573943502MiyjTE
    Sure had a blast taking photos, but even more so, talking to all the great people at the event. Took me two days to get my body back to normal, and five days to get all the photos edited.

9. Thanks for the pics, NHRANUT. Did anyone get a pic of the red Willys that stood it up on the rear bumper, Sunday? Came back down and hurt the front end, big time.-MIKE

10. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

That was Ron Doran in Ferdinand.No one on the starting line got a shot. I know of one guy at half track that got a couple shots, but there are not public, at least as of yet.

11. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

12. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Ragtop: Who said the model 'A' was a Deuce.....

"Blown32" refers to my user name and not the drag car posted by a fellow hamb'er....

My daily driver is a blown deuce.....

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  13. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Does anyone have a feel for how many of the cars at the reunion (and which ones) ran at Niagara? I'm sure a lot of the drivers there were Niagara veterans, just wondered how many actual Niagara survivor race cars made it.

Lee

14. Only two weeks out July 30 - Aug 1st, hope the show is as good as in the past.

15. Who has plans to attend ?

16. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

We'll be there for sure!

17. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

I just might have to check this out this year. i would only be able to make it down for the sunday though, I'll see if I can rope my buddy into going

18. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

Wouldn't miss it for the world.

19. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

Bob Chipper, Binghamton NY

Attached Files: