Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday Niagara Drag Reunion 09, Buffalo NY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PastGas33, Jul 10, 2009.

1. a Canadian Hamber Blown32

[​IMG]

American Hamber pastgas33

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WYK7Mq_uI08&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WYK7Mq_uI08&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Phil... were gonna have a gooooooood time.

3. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

I will be there once again this year.

Bring your camera as Norwell will have his 'Diamond Deuce' there being used as the tow vehicle for the "James Boys" Willys gasser !

Just my opinion, one of the best events around.......

Norwell will have his art work for sale at the "Mothers Worry / James Boys" drag car trailers... Stop by and say hello.......

4. Hey Phil, you getting a kick back from the track or something? Lots of advertising on your part!-MIKE:eek::D

5. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We will be there again this year. Last year was a blast. Jeff i would love to see some of your art work in person. Will look you up. It's going to be fun.
    Gasser Girl

6. PastGas33

PastGas33
    from Buffalo

Glad to see we stirred up some interest of the old days at Niagara. Speaking of Leon's 33 Willys, he still has it and it will be there! The Yosemite Sam car i think was his old Anglia he had back in the 70's too. Anyone got any old pics of cars that raced at Niagara or Lancaster? See You There!

7. ha ha I wish, I'll be paying full price like everyone else. Mike it's getting close and you know it's a great show that doesn't get much fan fare in the magazines. Just trying to do my part in getting the word out. So your coming right.......and not going to miss the "Thrill of a Life Time !"....lol..... NITRO.....NITRO....NITRO....lol

don't you have any pictures to post of the event ?

8. jgang

jgang
    from hamburg ny

hey phil, nice pics and thanks for all of the info. hope to see you up there. take it easy
    jim

9. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

The last Bad Banana (IV) is pictured on the Sunday Niagara website next to the Cirello Motors Comet - one of my favorites. The '56 Chevy gasser that stands out in my mind was "Poison Ivy" a green and white 2door with green windows running E/G. Not sure of my facts but it was supposed to be running a de-stroked 265 and seemed like it came out of the hole at about 10 grand. A real screamer. Anybody remember the Junior Stock starting line sit-in.

Lee

[​IMG]

10. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

DAMN!!
    I'm gonna miss this!
    I'll be in Grand Rapids watching Punk bands I don't care about.
    Have fun for me.

Norton

11. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Come on, you gotta get your priorities straightend out here. :D

12. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Rain or shine...... its gonna be fine

13. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Here's some of my pics from last year to get you primed up!:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

15. nice photos and link to the old thread Andy, 6 days to go !

16. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Awesome pictures guys.Thanks for posting them.Man you guys in the Buffalo area have all the fun.Radical gassers and hot rods!YEA.

17. Looks like we may even get a break in the monsoons!-MIKE:eek::D

18. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Here's some more pictures to get the blood pump'in with the Home Run less than a week away.:D

Attached Files:

19. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

more!!

Attached Files:

20. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

And finally.:)

Attached Files:

21. we'll be there again..

Rick
    1939fiat

22. Man, let's just hope the weather gods smile on us and we get a string of nice days.....ya wait all year for it. This is a fantastic event and I wouldn't miss it.

23. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been checking the weather alot and it looks like no rain until sunday. Bright sun and around 80 everyday. Looking forward to seeing everyone and watching some great dragracing.
    Gasser Girl

24. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Can any of you Buflo guys shed some light on the recent history of this '39 Chevy. Sure appears to be the same '39 that was owned by an old garage mate of ours back in the mid-late '60s, Jack Bickle. I went to the Rochester Autorama with Jack where he was showing the coupe. He had the misfortune of being placed right next to the front of a brand new Roadrunner in a Chrysler display. They had a button set up so the spectators could blow the cool Roadrunner horn. After about the ten thousandth "BEEP BEEP" I thought the horn wires were going to get ripped out of the thing.

Lee

[​IMG]

25. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

According to a recent article in Gasser Wars Magazine #57, it is owned by Skip Kazmark of Buffalo. His father gave it to him in 1953.

26. I know the car is detuned to keep it in the 7.50 index so it doesn't need the updated safety requirements.
    It does look like a great weekend weather wise, just around 80.

27. We did some leaning on that car over the winter. It's owner is a member of the Clutch Artists in Buffalo, and they have an oldies night every year in November. Car is Mint!-MIKE:cool:

28. Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  29. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

If any of you see Ron Gerstner walking around could you ask what the status is of his old '34 Ford altered coupe. Last time I stopped by his collision shop out on Main Street it was sitting in the back of the shop in primer. He said he was working on a full restoration but I've never heard or seen anything about the car since then.

Lee

30. hotrod36

hotrod36

I'll be there, rain or shine. Bringing the 47, anyone need a toe vehicle...