Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by milo1303s, Mar 16, 2014.

1. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Don't sweat the finishing part of this. It really is kool as it sits. It's a neat display piece.
    Modeling has to be somewhat enjoyable, otherwise why bother. I'm getting back into it
    after a 24 year layoff.

2. rudestude

rudestude

Mike your stuff looks pretty damn good to me..... don't back out to far ...you have some good idea's I would like to see more.... I get the shaky hand thing myself sometimes now when they start to shake a bit I go to my model paint cabinet and shake a few cans or bottle's of paint till it calms down then go back to what I was doing.....hang in there.....

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els, rodncustomdreams and 509garyd like this.
  3. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

The most important thing to remember building models is "Keep it Fun"! If you try to keep up with top notch builders, it won't be fun. Do it for your enjoyment, not as a competition.

4. 2redrovers

2redrovers

..unless it's a competition that is

els and NHRANUT like this.
  5. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Thanks @froghawk! Building the Turbonique was one of the most fun parts of the whole project. The quickchange came from the parts bin, while I'm pretty sure the axle bells came from the Tony Nancy "22 Jr." kit or AMT "Double Dragster." On the business end, I used a transmission from one of the the AMT Parts Pack engines, a steel wheel from the "Little Red Wagon" kit (drilled out in the center) and, as the final touch, a .22 caliber shell casing for the exhaust. I painted the entire thing to look like metal and plumbed it up. Looking back, I totally should have taken photos step-by-step for those looking to add a boost to their next drag car project.

I've also included the inspiration for this build. Nothing like some mid-'60s strip/show machines!

large967.jpg

Death Bomb.png

Pscott, traffic61, els and 5 others like this.
    els and rudestude like this.
  7. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Good Fri. Morning to ya all. Hope everyone is safe in Tx. & Fla. Did a little work on my diorama . Ed.

8. OK, not really H.A.M.B. friendly in any sense, but still a diorama. I recently found this "Home Sweet Home" diorama I built when I was living in Eureka back in the mid-seventies. Everything in the pictures was built from scratch except for the ceramic dog and the framed painting on the wall. The figures are made from bread dough with marijuana seed eyes. All the cigarettes are painted spaghetti. The walls are painted foamcore and the window is built from strip styrene and actually opens and closes. The carpet is felt stretched over foamcore. The table and TV were built from stripwood, sheet styrene, wire etc. Hope you all enjoy this change of pace model. LOL
    BTW, their 40 Ford coupe is parked outside. :D
    IMG_5862.JPG IMG_5863.JPG IMG_5864.JPG IMG_5866.JPG IMG_5869.JPG IMG_5870.JPG

els and Chrisbcritter like this.
  9. A FB tribute build -off for
    Mr. Blair Pletcher
    (may he Rest in Peace).
    My entry was this AMT '25 Ford Coupe.
    It's more of a Barn Find than the "R" word.
    Anyways. . .
    some folks liked it and I got 2nd.
    Totally amped and grateful.
    That is all. . . Carry on.

FB_IMG_1505093614538-1.jpg

10. musclecars

musclecars

Been a while since i have posted any new builds since as you know life gets in the way.I have been busy at the bench however when i find the time.Here are some pics of what has been done...thanks for looking and any and all comments you wish to share.

parts chaser for Hank's Speed Shop diorama

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pickup for pulling the car carrier

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 of Revell's '29 and '30 Model A Roadsters and coupe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AMT's '55 Chevy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Revell '55 Chevy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jo-Han '69 Rambler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AMT '50 Ford Convertible

[​IMG] [​IMG]

R/M '37 Ford Panel Delivery

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Monogram '55 Ford Panel Delivery

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Something to pass the time,Revell '57 Funster kit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finished up this Revell '41 Willys Street Rod kit last night

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the long winded post,I'll try to be more attentive in the future...lol

11. Some of those builds are not HAMB friendly;)

12. els

els

They all look great to me. I thing they are all HAMB friendly. Most of us like to see all kinds of hot rods. HAMB friendly or not.

13. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

I have to agree with ELS. There are a few threads that I feel don't have to be strangled by tight
    rules, and this is one of them. I want to see what you fellows are putting together, or have put together.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    rhtfo, verde742, milo1303s and 5 others like this.
  14. musclecars

musclecars

Thanks guys for the comments,if there are rules for models being HAMB friendly then i was not aware of such,i know they like the 1:1's to be but didn't know it was also a criteria for models.If there is such a rule then I will abide by them,if not,well....

rudestude and els like this.
  15. Keep them coming, if someone don't like them? then simple don't read this thread, great models by the way...

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    rhtfo, milo1303s, verde742 and 3 others like this.
  16. rudestude

rudestude

WTF.... someone let the bread blob people post go with out a bitch...but then had to bring the not h.a.m.b friendly quote in to play on the next post..... once again WTF....at least they were models of cars.......and I didn't see a problem with them....or the bread people ... I did find that post funny, the bread people, but it wasn't for this thread....but I'm not the H.A.M.B Police so my opinion's don't count....no worries I have herd that before..... don't let this thread go the way of others just because someone is having a bad day or cannot read past what there own mind is capable of opening up to.....yes I know there's rules but crap there just models and guys enjoying there hobby ...just saying....well I probably just lost my welcome..............

rhtfo, quick85, els and 2 others like this.
  17. Deuces

Deuces

What's new for today folks??? :)

els likes this.
  18. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Way OT, but is pre-'65. Meng's "egg tank" Sherman. It was a nice little slump buster.

image.jpeg

RamJet1, els, 509garyd and 2 others like this.
  19. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

20170914_074113.jpg 20170914_074144.jpg 20170914_074447.jpg 20170914_075252.jpg 15056697395081610027066.jpg just finished the 41 pickup, I have been busy building the past few months.

20. Deuces

Deuces

Sweeeeet ! :)

els likes this.
  21. rudestude

rudestude

Well I did it again.. I went and started cutting up another model, still working on the chopped up 36 roadster now coupe, but the other night I got this idea for 1/12th 57 Chevy I had ...started by doing some cutting and slicing on the box cover picture...then this morning I took the saw to the model....plan is a bit of sectioning , no top chop , probably rolled pans front and rear extended tail fins , some 53 Buick styled headlights with droopy lids for starters.....will see what happens.....crap I just discovered that the engine block parts are missing from the kit....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Kit Bash, quick85, edcodesign and 8 others like this.
  22. rudestude

rudestude

What are you hiding under the hood of the 41 "farm" truck.....the rear tires don't appear to be the standard gripper mud lugs that the old trucks usually had on them........some good looking models 41coupe

rodncustomdreams and els like this.
  23. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

20170917_185735.jpg 20170917_184120.jpg Your right RudeStude,I like that slick look out back so I used the dual carbs and the dress up air cleaner and valve cover for the inline 6 from the kit. 20170917_184054.jpg

24. rudestude

rudestude

That's the best thing you could have done with that truck...... I'm a inline 6 fan all the way... I just sold ...well I guess it's been a couple years now...a full size 51 Chevy pu with 235 -6, w/ McGurk duel carb intake ,Fenton split exhaust manifold and other stuff ,and currently building a 50 Chevy Bel-Air w/235 and a Corvette triple side draft carb intake and Fenton split manifold..,Kool stuff.... I like your build style on your cars....

rodncustomdreams, els and 509garyd like this.
  25. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

Thanks RudeStude, I would love to do the 6 in my 55 like that, but it is just to original to touch.

rodncustomdreams, rudestude and els like this.
  26. Back late this week with some cars. I seem to have developed '39-'40 Ford fetish recently. These are some ebay built ups I recently acquired. All are scheduled for rework except for the grey and copper sedan delivery. First one into the stripper will be the red coupe which has a (not really that bad)brush paint job.
    IMG_5901.JPG

ct1932ford, Kit Bash, quick85 and 7 others like this.
  27. toml24

toml24

It's been a long time but is Karl Stark still around and making models and a member of the HAMB?

els likes this.
  28. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg image.jpeg Four post lift for the diorama.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Pscott, rudestude, themoose and 7 others like this.
  29. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

30. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER