Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by milo1303s, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

It's been a very long time since I posted to this thread, I'm glad to see it's still going. My model building has been sporadic the past few years but I do have one that's nearly finished. It just needs headlights and maybe a little detailing to call it done. The idea is that it's a hot rod built by a teenager in the late forties with very modest resources.
    IMG_0830.JPG

3. A couple more oldies for this Sunday.{ Cool old still, and hillbilly truck too. jesse}{ Davkin that 29 is cool like it is} . 186.jpg 184.jpg 188.jpg

4. Traded it for some thing different. Best place to buy resin is in person. I've been burned too many times

Sent from my MotoG3 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. traffic61, Jigger, thehazguy and 5 others like this.
  6. olskool34

olskool34

Been a long time since I did a model. Tried to make a scale version of my 53 F-100.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. quick85, traffic61, Jigger and 10 others like this.
  8. WOW! { jesse } That's some cool stuff! I really like the drivers door on the Henry. Lots of detail and a great imagination too. Just fun to see them. So THANKS.... 191.jpg 192.jpg One more oldie from me this Sunday. Thanks everyone. Ron...

9. Thanks alot. Got some others I have to dig out.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  10. traffic61, themoose, gonmad and 3 others like this.
  11. kiwijeff, traffic61, gonmad and 2 others like this.
  12. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

13. Is the truck a die cast or did you make the trim on the side?

14. elba

elba

Here is my 12 yr old grandson's ( Justin ) 019.JPG first model car . 29 Ford on 32 rails .

15. Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  16. gonmad

gonmad

Wow, that is awesome!!!

froghawk likes this.
  17. big-daddy-george

big-daddy-george
    from New York

I know it's a couple of months away, but I wanted to get the word out regarding my upcoming model car swapmeet and model contest on Staten Island.......modelcarswapmeetofstatenisland.com

18. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Great idea, post links / announcements for shows! Here is a link for the Ocala, FL Billetproof at Garlits, which has a good contest. Gary
    http://billetproof.com/index.php/ocala-fl-march-25-2017/

19. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

What paint and glue is the best now. Testers paint seems to run easy from the can. Going to start airbrushing again but still use cans on some parts.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. Jesse , Yes the pick up is just a stock die cast. But it makes a great shop truck to haul parts. lol Ron...

21. There's a model car swap meet in Wheaton, Illinois at the Dupage County fairgrounds on sunday Feb 26th

22. FB_IMG_1487125385579.jpg
    Host club is I.P.M.S. y'all.
    Lots of olive drab and camo.
    (Planes, tanks and ships)
    Vendors and supplies for us civilians are always available at this Richmond Virginia show.
    Lots of categories ... including my favorite. ..
    Customs.

23. I picked this glass display cabinet out of a pile of rubbish last weekend, got a chance to have a clean up and fill it with models this morning. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. rooman

rooman

Love the "Marvin" Falcon. I have the 69 Boss 302 Mustang die cast in the original form--pre Coke sponsorship. I can still remember the first time that it raced at Mallala. In fact I can also remember when Moffat first turned up with the Lotus Cortina.