Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by milo1303s, Mar 16, 2014.

1. BMF work on the '49 Merc.
    '55 Pontiac Chieftain side trim.
    20160619_005139-1.jpg

20160619_011948.jpg

20160619_005118-1.jpg

2. doc5356

doc5356

Hey Dude,
    Do you like '57 Chevs?

KB, Very nice Merc. Shades of the 50s!

chevy57dude and Kit Bash like this.
  3. Damn I used to do cars then I went to planes then ships and back to cars before I stopped. I still have quite a few cars but most of them I need to retire, had them on a shelf display in the hall and most of them got heavily damaged from the idiots from John Moore A/C when they installed a new inside and outside unit by dropping the ceiling filter vent.

So far my models that I have to replace if I can even get a replacement to build is a 1:32 scale ME262 jet, a 1:32 scale ME109E, my 1:25 scale '58 Impala which I built similar to the one from the American Graffiti that one was damaged beyond repair, along with my '62 Belair Bubble Top street rod, my '53 Corvette racer, my '57 Belair.

My '70 Richard Petty Superbird was damaged but it can be repaired but I think I will build a new one as for some reason the water slide decals are yellowing on me. My '69 Yenko Camaro I never finished it was half finished and I don't even know what happened to the rest of the parts, the '57 Chevrolet step side truck I never was happy with how it came out and my '69 Z28 came out great wasn't damaged but it could be better.

Ones that were not damaged what so ever as they are in a case was my 1:25 scale 1949 Ford which I painted black with a brown interior and I lowered it in the front kept the rear stock height and put exhaust dumps on it as well as stuffed a Ford 460 big block with three deuces under the hood. I also in the same case have a '63 Impala 2dr hardtop which I did up some what like my '63 Belair (sadly there are no models of my exact cars) but it was lowered in the front with stock height rear, painted same color interior and exterior as mine.

I have been buying some models to get back into the hobby been out of it way too long but my current list of what I have to build is as follows.

1:87 scale Big Boy locomotive
    1:350 scale SMS Dresden & SMS Emden light cruisers
    1:25 scale '66 Charger (started then boxed it up)

I am looking at getting replacements for my damaged kits listed above as well as a 1:350 scale Battleship Texas. Besides that what I would love to build is replicas of my '56 Fairlane Town Sedan, '63 Belair, '78 Cougar XR7, '82 F150 Style side but sadly these are not produced in any models and highly unlikely they ever will be.

Anyways heres some of the photos I have of the models before they were damaged beyond repair. I don't have any of my cars how ever. Those photos were lost when my old PC crashed.
    ME 262A-1 and ME 109E Models.JPG

HPIM3141 - resized.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    traffic61 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  4. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

[​IMG]
    Hot news: Revell is releasing this kit in early July. It is based on the the roadster kit they released last year. It comes with two chassis choices so you can build it on a 32 to chassis or channel it over a model A frame. Kit bashing between the two kits or using engines from any of the Revell 32 fords should allow for some fun builds.

Although I have not finished the roadster yet but with it at 95% done I can say the roadster kit was a great kit and the coupe should be a good one too. I am not advertising here just excited to see that Revell is still willing to tool up and make great kits for us to build.

kiwijeff, traffic61, Pscott and 6 others like this.
  5. manicmachanic

manicmachanic
    from Berwyn, IL

Sure wish I had the time to build! Have three to four hundred kits. And adding for "I want to build that". Is everybody retired with big money?

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  6. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

I can't speak for anyone else but I also have quite a few kits on the I am going to build it some day shelves. I have been too busy with the real cars lately and reading the HAMB to devote much time to the models. I seem to barley build one model a year lately. Hopefully when the old body no longer can build the real stuff I will still have enough dexterity and vision to build a few of these models.

As to money: Yes it is pretty expensive to build a kit these days but still much less expensive than tooling up to build and maintain and properly store the real thing.

kiwijeff and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  7. Flamed48

Flamed48

My local hobby shop has the coupe, I'm picking mine up this week

8. I'm going to be moving in about 3 months so I've been going thru "stuff". I can't believe how many unbuilt and partially built kits I have. Not to mention all the other crap I've accumulated over 30 years living in the same place.

9. Flamed48

Flamed48

Got the revell 30 coupe today, very similar to there 29 roadster only changes are a small block Chevy and its a two piece body and has mag wheels

Attached Files:

10. 'Mo

'Mo

Good to see you and your club mates the other day, James. I dug up this thread, just hoping to see more.
    You build some great looking customs, and always go that extra mile!

mo

Kit Bash likes this.
  11. 'Mo

'Mo

Top shelf!:cool:
    Can you tell us something about them?
    Any build pictures?

12. The R.A.M.S. crew was happy you stopped by our booth at the AACA show.
    You have our card, stop by and don't be a stranger.
    20160620_210623.jpg

'Mo and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  13. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

14. Flamed48

Flamed48

The cab section fits good

Attached Files:

15. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Thanks Flamed48, It looks like your build is already underway.

16. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Lately, I've been having some fun with recent reissues of ancient kits. I need to get back to the workbench and clear some space and get some more of these actually completed.

I think this one kicked it off. Monogram's classic "Black Widow".
    IMG_1474.JPG

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  17. AMT 1949 Mercury
    finally done.
    20160626_183018.jpg
    20160626_182936.jpg
    20160626_174909.jpg
    20160626_174521.jpg

18. pcbart

pcbart
    from NC

Gorgeous, no other word for it.

Kit Bash likes this.
  19. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Most excellent work on the Merc!

Kit Bash likes this.
  20. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Jerry Moreland commissioned David Peters to build this model of Project 40 right after the actual car was completed in 85'. The model was featured in an issue of Street Rodder at some point in time, but other than that, it has lived in a box for most of its life. By a stroke of luck coupled with good timing, my Dad and I purchased the real Project 40 and are in the process of getting it back to its original configuration, much like the way this model looks. Jerry recently gave me this model to go with the actual car. I'm still pinching myself.
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Luckly, Jerry stored it all these years in its original box
    image.jpeg
    Here's the car sitting outside our shop with the original builders Tom Vogele (left) and Bob Bauder (right) with my son Greyson.
    image.jpeg
    Here's the car sitting in the shop
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    Mad Mark, thehazguy, kiwijeff and 7 others like this.
  21. I wasn't sure Moreland's 40 still existed! THAT IS COOL, Both the model and the car! WOW!

rodncustomdreams likes this.
  22. Flamed48

Flamed48

Finished the revell model a coupe, used the 40 ford dash from the revell 32 kit and a 53 corvette steering wheel and a hurst shifter from a 70 super bee other then that it's box stock

Attached Files:

23. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

IMG_0297R.jpg IMG_0298.JPG IMG_0298R.jpg
    Flamed 48 The coupe looks good. The model still has not shown up at the local Hobby Lobby. Maybe I will have to order it.

I finally finished my Revell 29 roadster the other day. I used the flatty out of the Revell 32 Ford sedan kit and the 32 grill from the same Kit. The engine and transmission required some fabricated mounts and the grill had to be cut on some to get it to fit but it was all fun. When I build the coupe version I will try to figure out how to lower the front end a little. Seems like they always have trouble getting model front ends low enough....

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  24. manicmachanic

manicmachanic
    from Berwyn, IL

Didn't that car do some ungodly times? Like 8's or 9's? I thought it crashed?

gonmad likes this.
  25. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I'm thinking that your are remembering the orange fat jack 46-48 Ford coupe.

26. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Yes, Project 40 ran in the low 9's at around 159 mph. It was Fat Jack's 48' coupe that ended up in a ball at Fremont. One of the great hot rod battles of the 80's!
    image.jpeg

kiwijeff, gonmad and 509garyd like this.
  27. manicmachanic

manicmachanic
    from Berwyn, IL

Knew it! This old beer soaked mind isn't THAT bad, YET! I remember a faceoff between the two cars. Just don't remember who won.

28. manicmachanic

manicmachanic
    from Berwyn, IL

It's really kool to have piece of hot rod history. That car was in EVERY mag. You name it, it was in it. Just make sure it'll still run 9's or better.

29. philo426

philo426

Trying something different and difficult.Paper model of a handley Page Hampden.Basically you cut the flat pieces out of the cardstock and fold the parts to shape. [​IMG]