Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by milo1303s, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Sauli

Sauli

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I always liked the AMT ´56 Crown Vic myself. An excellent kit of possibly the most beautiful car from Ford ever.

2. Sauli

Sauli

Thank You for the kind words, Sir! The real car is quite stunning, I only wish I´d had more reference material to go by.
    Models around here are about 30-40 USD these days, they´re getting somewhat harder to find these days and most everything has to be mail-ordered. I myself have an ample-sized collection acquired over the last couple decades and am busy trying to make good use of these. You may notice the eighties -era AMT/ERTL ´56 Ford box art in the background of my photo:)
    About the "Zingers" You posted earlier, I think they were slightly before my time. early 70s? I wonder what scale these may be, I kinda like the ´57 BelAir Hardtop, I only wonder what an AMT ´58 Impala might look like set up like that..?:)

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  3. rustychevyman

rustychevyman

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1457915930.610277.jpg
    I have had this old model t pickup my brother built in the 70's kicking around and i finally struck on a plan. Im building it as a delivery truck with the logo for my nieces business on the sides. I think im going to keep it stock as far as the drivetrain goes. Wooden wheels and white tires should be period perfect ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1457916447.881313.jpg

4. Joker- If the El Camino (Just kidding!) looks as good as the wagon, you have a nice pair!
    The early Ranchero was all about style. The long, low look. And they beat Chevy to the market.

Kit Bash likes this.
  5. ^ Ron, the primer 'Vette is ''tuff''. [​IMG]
    Here's a Zinger owned by a HAMB God, if you haven't seen it.

6. Yes the ZINGERS came out in 1970 I believe. that's when I built these. I think they may have reissued them later. The bodies were 1/32 scale and wheels, tires, mills, and speed equipment were 1/24 scale. but the ones that I built were anything but box built. I would take 1/16 scale tires and duct tape them together. Also used parts from my parts box. I used straws for fuel injectors stacks etc. I would have liked to seen some box builds. I'm glad you like them. This thread is fun and I look forward to it each week. Thanks Ron...

7. I've used bendy straws for exhaust on some of my 1/8 scale builds.
    Here's a couple of pics, 32 RPU with blown Jag six. IMG_20160314_143413.jpg IMG_20160314_143427.jpg IMG_20160314_143442.jpg

oldsjoe, themoose, KiwiGlen and 5 others like this.
  8. WOW!!! That is way KOOL! THANKS for the post. I would love to see more 1/8 scale pictures, its my favorite scale. It looks so real. hope you post more. Ron...

kiwijeff likes this.
  9. fourtogo

fourtogo
    from long beach

Doing a little hard body slotcar racing . Building a 1969 Dodge Daytona Superbird

Attached Files:

10. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

Not much progress of my own to show, but there were 2 model shows in the area this weekend. Here's a few nice builds I got pictures of.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. fourtogo

fourtogo
    from long beach

Hard Body Slotcar, 1969 Dodge-Daytona-Superbird

Attached Files:

12. Unfortunately, with a six year old girl in the house, I've hardly touched these for a few years, so they are all at different stages of completion.
    There's a few more hiding in boxes, such as a side by side, twin Pontiac engined race RPU.
    Inspired by Rocky, and his drag car.
    Here's my crusty dusty builds that live in my bedroom. IMG_20160314_180402.jpg IMG_20160314_180559.jpg IMG_20160314_180417.jpg IMG_20160314_180530.jpg

13. IMG_20160314_180430.jpg IMG_20160314_180512.jpg Shiny ones....

oldsjoe, themoose, KiwiGlen and 4 others like this.
  14. I cant thank you enough for your post! We cant build all these with real cars. That's why I love Models. If we have cool ideas we can build them. You Sir have a great collection! keep posting. I enjoy the build threads REAL or MODELS. There's new people coming to the HAMB all the time. I haven't been here all that long myself. So some of the old-timers need to repost the cool stuff. I don't think anyone mines seeing a repost. Thanks again and hope you post more of these. Ron...

lothiandon1940 and kiwijeff like this.
  15. Thanks Ron.
    We had a scale model group here a few years back, and it was quite busy.
    I drifted away from it six years ago, due to being busy elsewhere.
    I have some cool 1/24 stuff as well, and like yourself, I do not build stock kitsets.
    My parts collection is vast, but it's all packed away, in till the time is right to carry on.

I got into the 1/8th scale stuff maybe around 2005, and have had two builds published in a now dead rodding publication. Even got a nice cheque in the mail from Peterson.
    I love this scale, and would source hard to get, resin cast parts world wide.

Seems there's a lot of bitchy whiney grown men in the hobby though, lots of bickering, and real unadult behaviour in this arena, so another reason for me to remove myself from the hobby, for now.

I've been concentrating on playing with 1/1 scale for the last four years, working on, and daily driving my 29 Hudson Hot Rod, playing with my 28 Hudson Speedster project, and 35 Chevy project, that I recently sold.
    I'm not a competitive guy, just creative, and the clowns who want to compare dick sizes bore me.

So I'll move the table in front of my model cabinet sometime, and post up some stuff that I know you'll like.

16. Thanks kiwijeff, I'm like you creative, not competitive. I never thought anyone outside my house would ever see one of my models. So when I found this ,I was like a kid in a candy store. Never attended a model show, don't think they even have them around here. But like my real Rods, Its just about the Fun of making dreams and ideas into reality. I would like to thank everyone for sharing their Talent here. I never heard of 1/8 scale resin parts. Where do you get them? I would like to build a Big Deuce I've had for years. Thanks again Ron...

17. ..........................I know it's not "just around the corner" from you, Ron, but the Maryland Modelers Assoc. (check 'em out on line) has a nice show annually in Severna Park, Maryland. They are apparently the largest model car club in the country. I'm not a member but I did put a couple of my builds in their show a few yrs. ago. My junk doesn't even come close to the quality there. 122-vi (3).jpg

oldsjoe, Kit Bash, kiwijeff and 3 others like this.
  18. Photos by Mr. Lyle Willits, longtime President of the Md. Modelers Assoc....now retired.:D

19. Actually their name is the Maryland Automotive Modelers Association or (MAMA) if you are trying to do a search for them.

20. Thanks I will check them out, you guys and the Hamb have opened a whole new world for me. Ron...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    kiwijeff and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. Sauli

Sauli

WOW.., This.
    I have the same Jimmy Flintstone Resin body. I was just looking it over the other night thinking it´ll take some cleanup before it´s good to paint. I´m using the Revell ´59 Skyliner for a donor. What did You use, and how did You go about the cargo-area floor?
    I Totally like what You´ve done here!!! Opening rear hatch and all. Dig the stance also, Totally early-60s. What kind of wheels&tires are those?

22. ...here's some from a model show/swap yesterday in Cedarville Illinois...
    cedarville 16 001.jpg cedarville 16 003.jpg cedarville 16 005.jpg cedarville 16 007.jpg cedarville 16 008.jpg cedarville 16 026.jpg cedarville 16 027.jpg cedarville 16 009.jpg

i.rant, oldsjoe, kiwijeff and 4 others like this.
  23. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

Try this:

http://trakinscale.proboards.com/

Kit Bash and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  24. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Some great stuff this week. Talented folks.

25. @Ron Funkhouser , there are a few model forums out there.
    When I was doing them, there was a little to much politics for me.
    This forum was stealing shit from another forum, and this guy was ripping off that guy whingeing.
    Sad, as it's a fun thing to do, a hobby, and as adults, I have to say, I didn't expect that.
    It may have settled down now, but one forum I was on, had great talented guys, (who will be reading this, you all know who you are) but fell apart from politics that I knew nothing of.
    Also the large scale stuff guys were saying the resin stuff was getting copied and ripped off by other forums, and so only sold to members.
    I was loyal to one site, and still don't talk about it much, just dropped off, and never went back.
    This was pre 3D printers, so it may have all changed, as pretty much anyone can learn to print their own stuff.
    Resin casting is very cool though, and I'd recommend Big Jim here.
    There are others, but not sure if they still do it.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  26. Here's a resin cast Hemi, that I've never used.
    It's 1/8th scale, but the blower is from something else, can't remember what. IMG_20160315_094334.jpg

27. bchctybob

bchctybob

Just like Kiwijeff I had to put aside my model stuff to concentrate on the new house and shop. Now I'm playing catch-up with my full size projects so I still haven't gotten back to my models, but I will. This thread keeps me interested and anxious to get my model car area set up again - somewhere. I still grab a kit or two at swap meets if I see parts I can use or a kit that is especially interesting or unusual.
    Kiwijeff, ditto what Ron said, your stuff is awesome, keep posting. Truthfully, I'm amazed at how clever, creative, and entertaining most of the models on this thread are.

Ron Funkhouser and kiwijeff like this.
  28. Here's my box load of parts for the twin engined 32.
    IMG_20160315_101056.jpg IMG_20160315_101102.jpg IMG_20160315_101133.jpg IMG_20160315_101253.jpg

blowby, oldsjoe, themoose and 4 others like this.