Register now to get rid of these ads!

sunday models!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ol'skool29, Feb 10, 2008.

1. The steering is all kit parts modified slightly. I still need to Fab a 'schroeder' steering box under the dash, but I will use the kit steering box as a jumping off point.

2. dub01

dub01
    from Central Pa

Hi everybody. I'm a noob here and honestly only joined to contribute to the Sunday model thread. I've lurked here whenever I needed reference or inspiration. Gotta say, very cool stuff here. So enough yappin' here's some of my builds:

32 Phaeton
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29 Model A
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's one I'm finishing up soon
    [​IMG]

3. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Here's a few I've been working on. Got the 3 window track nose in a somewhat mockup, it's sitting on all wheels now, I'll get some updates for next Sunday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. My favorite shot using the Geezer's Garage dio is this one of the Chip King Pro-mod Charger.

[​IMG]

Altho I like well used rods, I thought this was the neatest straightliner ever built, so I modified a Charger kit pretty heavily to get a close replica.

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Geezer

5. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

awbcrazy - Killer green Ford. I wish I had one in the drive.

Started on a 65 or 66 merc dragster last night. The wife about shot me when she saw the overspray on the kitchen floor. Its only 10 out in the shop. Adapt, overcome, improvise.

6. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Awesome models this week. Thanks guys

7. primersfiner

primersfiner
    from kentucky

theres still some more time to post your models sundays not over yet:)

8. The Wizard!

The Wizard!

Absolutely great stuff!

9. awbcrazy

awbcrazy
    from Arvada, Co

Minewithnoshine<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2570819", true); </SCRIPT> nice rods! i really dig the one with the track nose!

10. I agree w/ Bob.
    That'd be a great salt car!

11. awbcrazy

awbcrazy
    from Arvada, Co

12. TerryE

TerryE

Many awesome models this week. Love the 3 window with the track nose. guys.....thanks for the show. Terry

13. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

those are very cool. my 14 year old son builds to, even though he doesnt have much experience and hardly get thing done he builds some pretty cool customs. One of his projects is a 50 chevy truck with a 50 ford custom front end and 53 vet rear axel and a custom tow truck bed with no tow boom. Hes almost done with it just needs a motor paint and small stuff

14. awbcrazy

awbcrazy
    from Arvada, Co

way cool! gotta keep the kids into the models! my 8 year old daughter builds, but she is not into cutting or anything yet.

15. Nailhead

Nailhead

Man ! that unibody is sweet ! Someone should build a 1:1 version of it for a shop truck. It kinda reminds me of this one....without the scallops and different wheels obviously...

[​IMG]

16. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

I sold this case of models i did about 8 years ago. Slapped it on two pallets, wrapped it real nice packed all the models to perfection with LUB, guy sends a truck out, I sign he jams. Guy calls me a week later, ,says hey you didn't mark the box, I was like hey he just said sign and thats it, well i guess when they unloaded it at the delivery warehouse, they put a forklift through the whole case and knocked it over.. Sucks

Attached Files:

17. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

dammmmm guys you all did good for this weeks post, hello to all the TRAK crowd and glad to see ya posting over here too......Well Sunday is over and of coarse like i said id probably forget to post over here and YUP i did.....anyways see you guys @ the TRAK

18. Dads-53

Dads-53

All of you Guys do great work, but I would like to ask a dumb question for a beginner like myself. How do you get that rusted look on panels? It looks great.
    Thanks Don

19. awbcrazy

awbcrazy
    from Arvada, Co

i use testors "rust" out of a jar, immediately dry brush black pastel over and then start blending orange, brown and red. it's a powder like chalk so when you are done, it does have a realistic look to it. the roadster i posted up is still in progress, but the chopped coupe is the result.

20. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

Well, it's not Sunday anymore--was busy all weekend--so I'll post some stuff I've been playing with--can't seem to finish anything,just start more projects!
    Truck is resin GMC body with Chevy front end added--tubbed the bed for wide tires--it's a crew-cab tow vehicle for the comp coupe dragster--a resin Fiat body trimed to fit a F/E/ chassis--plus some other stuff I'm working on.

Attached Files:

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Was that Moon dragster built from one of the Lindberg twin rail kits?

22. Damn Geezerman, those dioramas are the shit! Excellent work.

23. For rust I like taking a hot needle over a candle (be careful!) and move the surface of the plastic around to make it look all jagged and rusty or poke holes, then mix up some nice rust colored paint (or buy some pre-done) and go to town. It looks amazing when done.
    -Dean

24. Here's my latest project. Took a stock '65 Mustang K-Code I buillt almost 10 years ago that was a OK build and ripped it apart. New chassis is a slightly stretched tube, with straight axle front and full roll cage. Engine is a mid-car mounted dual quad 427 side-olier. The driver sits forward of a firewall, up against the windsheild. Fuel and oil tanks, as well as battery and radiator are rear mounted. Spindle mounts up front with torque theusts out back...
    -Dean

Attached Files: