Register now to get rid of these ads!

sunday models!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ol'skool29, Feb 10, 2008.

1. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

here's what i've been up to lately, the '32 is close to paint time, still no clue what color to paint it though! :eek:

this is the dash that's going in it, 50 ford truck
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    still needs work
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Those are pretty sweet. I tried to build a model once.... Damn hands are to big!!

3. The_Monster

The_Monster

Looks like its really coming together! nice work!

4. awbcrazy

awbcrazy
    from Arvada, Co

been awhile since i posted up stuff, but this is my latest stuff. i don't like rat rods, so please only refer to my rods and hot rods :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

some of my projects going

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Brian W

Brian W

AWBCRAZY... That black Nomad is Awesome!! :D

Great work on all of these small scale rods! Can't wait to see some more surface as the day continues.

6. certribe

certribe

Okay, My first post. I don't have the money for 1:1 toys at present, so my hot rodding is done at the 1:25 scale. But then again, My builds are based not only on how things are done but I also try to be time period correct. Main interests are the late forties through the mid-sixties...
    First is a project done as a daily driver during the late fifties, perhaps early sixties.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Engine is a flathead from a 49 Merc. Dual Strombergs, Thickstun air cleaner, Offy heads.
    [​IMG]
    Second project is done mid-to late fifties.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    37 Ford with a 29 bed. No, not the final color, it is just another mockup and still in primer, thinking I will go bronze with it. The mill will be a sbc.
    Thanks for looking.
    Charles

7. Hay, boys.
    The geezerman has arrived.
    First off, I'll show these rodders my old timer's garage foto backdrops.
    I use these two garage dioramas for fotographing my models and they will appear in most of my fotos I post.
    First one is Geezer's Garage where I pose finished models.
    [​IMG]
    The left side of the garage has an old 40 Ford junker laying there.
    [​IMG]
    My other dio is an inside garage where I pose work in progress models.
    [​IMG]
    One of the first things I built for this dio was an air compressor. Old 28 Lincloln engine and an aftermarket resin compressor converted to upright.
    [​IMG]

8. man that looks real .. very cool

9. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Nice design concept on the garage! I like your work! Lots of realism there!

10. primersfiner

primersfiner
    from kentucky

well its been a lil while since i posted so here we go, ive been working on a lil nomad and a garage. the nomad was painted marine blue and "metal flake" nail polish. its been lowerd and it is going to get caddy caps.
    nomad
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    garage
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Studebakester

Studebakester
    from Oxnard, CA

Man, I was blown away when I saw the 51 Chevy. I have one I started a while back (haven't had time to get back to it) that looks almost identical to yours. The biggest difference is that I sectioned it about 3 scale inches and put 56 Chevy whell openings. My cut lines are different for the chop, but basically the same effect. Wild!.

BTW, where are you getting the Rocket wheels? I haven't seen those before in 1/25th.

You've got some pretty cool stuff going on there.

When I have time to figure out posting pix, I'll put some of mine up. Most of them are in progress. Can't seem to get many of them finished before I get another idea and start on it.

55 Nomads are near the top of my faorites list. Don't see many with the custom treatment, but if I ever get another one (1/1) it will be a custom. Same for a hardtop. I'm currently building a 53 Stude custom (both 1/25 and 1/1.) Part of the reason I'm short on time. db

I also agree with you on the "rat rod" term. It's either a hot rod, or it's not, although some of them are pretty ratty. And scary.

12. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

awbcrazy,
    Wow some great work there. That nomad is beautiful!!!!!
    Gasser Girl

13. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

i tried a model of a semi truck once, ended up SMASHING it with a freekin hammer!

14. 66gmc

66gmc

Here are a few of my recent hacks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    34 ford shine runner complete with souped up flatty and an opening trunk to display the shine
    [​IMG]
    New revell sedan
    [​IMG]
    40 ford hot rod
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. WOW! This edition of Sunday Models is incredible everybody.:D

16. certribe

certribe

Most are pics I have seen from TRaK but I don't remember your 40 Ford, '66GMC' that one kicks ass.

Charles

17. 66gmc

66gmc

Thanks
    Its a recent build i just finished it a few days ago.

18. awbcrazy

awbcrazy
    from Arvada, Co

great work guys! keep em' coming before Sunday is over lol

see ya on the TRaK!

19. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

Some recent and not so recent junk from me this time:

'29 Model A with the Ardun headed motor from the recent Revell '50 Ford truck reissue:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jimmy's old Leadstone body:
    [​IMG]

You gotta love the Mysterion:
    [​IMG]

and size doesn't matter, right?
    [​IMG]

20. awbcrazy

awbcrazy
    from Arvada, Co

thanks for the compliments guys! here are some more pics of the nomad. i made the blanket from my printer and the 63 issue of rod and custom as well

[​IMG]

this is about the best pic i could get of the true color.

[​IMG]

it's shaved and this pic shows the work in the roll pan. (before the sanding and filling of course)

[​IMG]

21. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Bobby you jackass!I've been looking all over hell for a scan of a Wynn's Car Care Products decal!

22. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I use to build models like crazy when I was a kid (mostly the AMT semi trucks) and I thought I was pretty darn good (at the time anyway), but you guys are killing me. Some of these are way, way beyond my best efforts. Size does matter, but in this case, that small is killer. That is pretty well detailed and put together for the size of that - really nice work and good looking car too.

23. certribe

certribe

Some projects just in the beginning stages.
    This is going to be the rolling chassis of a gasser from the early to mid sixties that needs restoring.
    [​IMG]
    Just had begun the sanding, cutting panels off, etc.

This is a 60 pickup which will be used to haul a gasser being built for an internet diorama that I am only 3 years behind on.
    [​IMG]

The wheels, decals on the truck, parts all will be historically correct for the diorama. I don't have any pics of the gasser but it is a 55, rear wheel wells radiused, trim all off it. Sponser details etc, all will be historically correct. The engine will be just a sbc with dual carb set up. Hope to have pics of it by next Sunday, still fixing the 'homemade' front chassis section.

Last is a stalled project. 51 Chevy panel, 53 Chevy hood.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. awbcrazy

awbcrazy
    from Arvada, Co

nice work Jeff! love that Leadstone!

25. awbcrazy

awbcrazy
    from Arvada, Co

well hey Dean, ya douchebag! check with that Peter guy that bought Gooche out on ebay. he sells all the decals and that one came on one of his sheets. check this link and find the one ya need butthole! :D if ya find what ya need, send a message to the seller on ebay "inpetersattic" you're welcome for the help.
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZinpetersatticQQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0

http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/1/2/1/after-market-source/goochedecals/

26. 66gmc

66gmc

Certribe, those are some killler projects, you had better hurry up and finish em!

27. Well, it's been awhile since I messed with this car I'm working full time plus 9 credit hours of graduate work... I decided to go a little bit different direction and save the ARDUN for another project. I'm still not sure what to paint this car, but I went ahead and painted the motor Gold. It should go with the color I pick, if not I'll change it. I also started to experiment with exhaust. I destroyed some parts box Big Drag headers and this is what I came up with. Kinda reminds me of Jimmy Shine's truck exhaust.

On a different note, my wife accidently dropped my 20 pound New Testament Theology textbook on the front of the frame. It broke right on the seem where I raised the rails. So, in repairing that, I went ahead and boxed the rails forward of the middle crossmember. I should have done this in the first place. Not only is the frame more rigid, but the seems were difficult to fill before because the frame was flexing and cracking the filler, it's solid now. I strongly recommend boxing if you cut into the frame any reason. Here's a few pics to show the progress. Opinions always welcome!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. 66gmc

66gmc

That deuce is bloody killer
    great job!

29. awbcrazy

awbcrazy
    from Arvada, Co

38chev<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2570702", true); </SCRIPT>
    that is a nice roadster ya got going! is all that linkage seperate parts or is that kit material?