Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday Models (early)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Jun 23, 2006.

1. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I know it's not Sunday in the US yet, not even Sunday here either. But I have a prior committment tomorrow and may not be able to post.
    I showed some construction shots of this roadster a month or two ago. This week I got a chance to get back to working on it and have nearly got it finished. It just needs a few little details to be attened to.
    This model is based on the stock Solido '34 roadster. Geoff aka whodaky
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. S1B

S1B

Great work!

3. Mojo

Mojo

Wow! Knock out car whodaky!

4. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Woa, it's still friday night! I'll post tomorrow or sunday with some stuff I did in the past...

5. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

wow that is beautiful! what kit did you you get the rear tires from??

6. Chad s

Chad s

Wow, that thing came out straight as an arrow. I dont care if its 1:1 or 1:18th scale, a black paint job like that isnt easy to get that damn straight.

7. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

ol'skool 29. The wheels tyres and quickchange are from the Hot Wheels diecast flat black 1/18th '32 full fendered 3 window. I believe the Hot Wheels hiboy '32 roadster (cream with red scallops ) also has the same wheels and tyres.

8. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Hey...the steering wheel is on the wrong side!! ;) :D

9. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

That is really sweet! Thanks for thr pics!

10. deedster

deedster

Very nice......

11. Anderson

Anderson

Very nice Who.

Cooked this up earlier in the week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Geoff that is awesome! I can't wait to get the EK done then I can spend some time doing models again, you've gotten me inspired. Here are some of my previous efforts.
    These first two are of a slot car I raced for a while. It is the old green hornet Kit, it did have headlights but 60 plus kph impacts with a beanbag takes its toll on models.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one is of Mothers Worry, real basic kit, but detail is in the painting.
    [​IMG]

And this one is unfinished and is the Ed Roth model Tweedy Pie 2.
    [​IMG]

This one I have finished but the photo was taken before I finished.
    [​IMG]

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I built a slot car dragster. Only kit parts were the body, fenders and motor. Everything else was scratch built.The interior is plastic card and brass tube.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Doc.

14. Packrat

Packrat

Good looking wagon! Where did you get those wheels? Are they 1/24th or 1/25th scale?I need some if they are.

15. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

The Wagon is too kool Eric ! :eek:

Now that i know it works, i'm gonna wack myself two five-five to make my own ...:D

16. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks for all the comments on the roadster. I am really pleased with how it turned out.
    Nice graft Fidgiter. Wondering why you wouldn't just convert the AMT '55 Nomad into the 2 door wagon. I know the later '55 2 door sedans are a nicer kit, but? Thinking about it, I guess you had the Monogram'56 nomad and the '55 2 door sedan. Hey whatever works. Nice to see serious cutting up of plastic!
    I do like the paint was that intentional, the primered fade away affect?
    I must show some time, the '58 Chev nomad I did many years ago, using the same principal!
    Nice hardbody slots cars. I am not into slot cars. But they are so much nicer looking than the thin plastic stuff. I am going to Perth in a couple of weeks for an NNL type show a friend and his wife stage each year. There is always a big turn out of hardbody slots on dispaly. Some amazing stuff! Geoff aka whodaky

17. Anderson

Anderson

Story on the wagon:

First of all, thats not the paint, it's just a guide coat. It's in the first of many mockup stages in those pictures. The final colors will be a light blue with a white or slightly off white roof, covered with a pearl clearcoat. I'm filling the gaps with plastic and making other minor adjustments now to make it all work together.

The wheels are from the Modelhaus, i think they just call em deep chrome reverse. Tires are some AMT's with whitewall inserts.

I didn't just convert the nomad for many reasons. The two that matter the most are the Nomad only rear wheelwells, and the nomad eyebrow and fender trim. Also, the Nomad was hardtop based I believe, so the windsheild would be the wrong height. The Nomad kit's fender/door line is a bit mis-shapen too, as are the front wheel wells. I used the AMT '55 sedan and the AMT '55 Nomad for this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Fidgiter, I wasn't being critical, I was just making an observation!
    Geoff aka whodaky

19. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thats the only slot car I ever built, will ever build. I raced it in Sydney and won it's class nationals and Concourse in 98(?) Mario (King Cad, 39 plym) got me into it. Now that Im in Melb I just dont have the interest. Going back to school to finish a Psych degree I started some years ago so I dont have the time anymore.
    Rather build a nice detailed model or work on the real A bone.
    Doc.

20. Buick57

Buick57
    from Kialla

Geoff you are the man !!!!!!! And Fidgiter so are you.......Good shit.

21. I've built and raced way too many slot cars while playing with the big ones, eventually something has to give! My Little green Hornet took out a few concourse and held track record for a few months in its class. Sure was fun, but new track owners also helped take the fun out of it. Still have them all. Might get a few more pics..

22. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Where did you race?

23. Dandenong, but it is now called Mobile Raceways. I only ever ran the quarter,
    we rebuilt the track at one stage in 2 days it ended up being the flatest and fastest strip out. Was a great night as they were licensed, we raced for shots! :D :D

24. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have been there a couple of times, my younger cousin wanted to see what its all about. Only thing I can say is they have cheap kits..........

25. Whodaky that thing is slicker than a barrel full of West Texas Crude......hehe

Top stuff !!

Rat

26. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Ok, here's a revell deuce 3 window I built a few years ago. I made it so the fenders and running boards could be removed, but I like it better with them. Maybe I should finally glue them on...

Attached Files:

27. JamesG

JamesG

I resurected this one. I made the frame longer so that the rear wheels sat further back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. gowjobs

gowjobs

I got this far yesterday, but it was too dark to take pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I painted the whole body with brown and gunmetal, then masked the rusty areas with moist table salt before I shot the off-white topcoat. I still have a lot of weathering left to do, but at least the engine (flat brack with dry-brushed steel) isn't red anymore.

29. Is that a Meserschmidt(sp)?

30. Buick57

Buick57
    from Kialla

Hey Geoff,

Don't know if you heard but Nigel Lowe is having his model show this weekend coming in Nagambie at the mechanics hall. Garry and I are going. Would be awesome if you came for a look.

Regards Scott.:)