Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday Models 4-10-11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by frank dog, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Anyone out there? I guess I'll start it off with my Barracuda.It's still in the works.It's my version of the transition of when the drag car changed to funny car in the 60's. Maybe?:D

Attached Files:

2. Picked this up on ebay last week for under $10. Complete except for one bumper (which I have in my parts box) and the wrong steering wheel.
    Not sure where this is going yet. Makes a nice "abandoned" just the way it is.
    The old plastic and dust it arrived with give it a great patina.
    Just for fun I put some modified HO train wheels on it to simulate brake drums and took some pics of it sitting on cinder blocks on my diorama.
    Not sure if I want to turn it into a "barn find" or make a super cool street rod out of it.
    Any opinions?
    First picture is the ebay ad, the others are how it looks right now.

Attached Files:

3. Jantrix

Jantrix

4. Church Key

Church Key

I like where this one is going...

5. I really like the diorama look.
    If anything maybe I'd add a broken window or too and delve into the details of an abandoned car a bit more, but again, I really like the look on your diorama. Its more interesting than trying to make it look shiney and new.

6. JerryG

JerryG
    from Illinois

A late 60's style Showrod

Started with a Tijuana Taxi. My old car "air freshener"(an Iron Cross) went on the scratched built roof. I made surf boards and then shaped them for fenders and made decals. The old fenders were made into interior seats. Skulls were added to the Opera Windows and the side windows made red. I made a Keg of Beer for the back to sit in ice for the hot beaches. I still need to add the beer stein for the radiator cap but running late and trying to get pictures done in time...oh well. The paint is still wet on this . Enjoy!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. kopperkart

kopperkart
    from Wisconsin

8. Forgive me if I've already posted this one. I finished a few models in the past 6 weeks and I'm old and senile.

[​IMG]
    '32 Ford Cabriolet body from Replicas & Miniatures Co. of Maryland. (No - it's not a roadster)

[​IMG]
    I didn't make a working rumble seat, but I added the foot steps and the grab rails.

[​IMG]
    Horizontal photoetched grille from Model Car Garage. Hood side vents are 1/200th scale stairway handrails from Plastruct, cut to size and covered with Bare Metal Foil.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Yeah. I know. The car is NOT H.A.M.B. friendly,,,,,,,,,,,,,

[​IMG]
    ,,,,,,,but Anna Asstadyefer likes it !

9. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

looks cool, those were the good-ole-days.cars looked like cars

10. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

not to hi-jack this thread,but kiwi kev just posted some models in his nz trip 2011 thread by a nz modeler that are amazing ck it out

11. melsfine39

melsfine39

Posted this one awhile back ,thought I'd put it on again with new photos!. Mel:D

Attached Files:

12. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Gene Snow chassis. Left over 32 body...and a lot of cussin! :D

Attached Files:

13. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

^ nice job,well done

14. rooman

rooman

I took these yesterday at Billetproof in Gainesville, FL. Sorry about the picture quality but I had my walk around and shoot car pix lens on the camera and I had to take these hand held in average lighting. Here they are anyway.

Roo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. DR JAY

DR JAY

Hello all...I'm new here and and was a little stoked to find "Sunday models" and thought I'd share my photobucket link. I'm just getting some albums together, but this link leads ya to my Dearborn Steel tubing 1965 Falcon match racer and my sled conversion of a stock 1949 Merc...hope you like 'em...

http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x357/drjay2/

16. Toner283

Toner283

Welcome to the HAMB. Check out the modeler's social group. Join up if you want to too. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=105 Always happy to welcome a fellow glue sniffer.:D

17. scrubba

scrubba

The dioramas this week are great, keep up the fine work folks ! scrubba

18. Dr. Jay - Beautitful interior and engine compartment on the Merc. Both cars are super.

19. steveb

steveb

Great looking stuff today.

I am close to completing my first build on over 2 years, I still need to glue the bed & the cab to the frame, but here is what it looks like. Inspired by HAMB member, Von Zipper's 1:1 ride.

AMT 57 Chevy Stepside kit, not much customizing other than lowering & filling in the gunsights on the hood. But, quite a bit of work went into creating the windshield & backlight trim since the kit pieces were molded into the poor fitting "glass". I also added in the missing vent window frames. "Glass" was made from .005" clear styrene.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The wheels are from the AMT 59 El Camino, chrome spiders are from Modelhaus, & the tires are from American Satco. Made the taillights out of aluminum tubing & red tinted epoxy. Exhasut tips are also aluminum tubing polished up. Paint is HOK black with no clear coat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It sure feels good to be building again.

20. springer

springer

Awesome truck !!!!!!!

21. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

good lookin truck,i gotta start building agian

22. customcory

customcory

Jesus Christ that truck turns me on, beautiful. I love this thread every week!:D

23. RAT "T"

RAT "T"

simple, clean....& friggin' beautiful!!!!!

Awesome job sir!!

I QUOTED IT SO IT WAS ON THE SECOND PAGE TOO :)

24. JerryG

JerryG
    from Illinois

Way off awesome truck.

25. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Beautiful truck but Im really digging that 59 Cadillac BBQ pit. Thats a must have at the house.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  26. All very nice stuff guys, you all did great !

27. ......and the hillbilly mansion above it too :D

28. 29ToyA

29ToyA

More great builds today!

29. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

THAT is awesome!..........
    [​IMG]

30. This is my build of the truck I have driven for the last 4 years. the model is a big window and the real deal is a little window.
    Later,
    Dick

Attached Files: