Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday Models 12-27

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 46stude, Dec 27, 2009.

1. 46stude

46stude

I didn't see where anyone started a fresh thread for this weeks models, so heres my contribution.

Model A in progress:

Attached Files:

2. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

3. Nitro Marty

Nitro Marty

Here's a little something I threw together as a way to pass the afternoon on Christmas Day....

[​IMG]

It's a 1/25 scale mid-60's style Soap Box Derby Racer

[​IMG]

4. Gunch

Gunch

Can we merge this with the thread I started earlier today?

5. Gunch

Gunch

6. 46stude

46stude

A search would have helped before starting another thread. Oh well. The mods don't usually pay much attention to the Sunday model cars like they do to the Friday art show, so I doubt they'll merge this one & yours.

7. I did the search and this is what came up, so here's my contribution.

[​IMG]

Body: Monogram '30 A coupe, chopped about 3 scale inches. Rear wheel wells from the Deuce kit.
    Paint: Acrylic lacquer, French Pugeot colour - Lucertia Effect Green.
    Chassis:Revell Deuce 3 Window/Roadster
    Engine: Y Block Ford from AMT '56 Fairlane, 6 carbs and manifold from AMT '36 coupe.
    Inlet manifold had to be narrowed to fit and the resin carb scoops came from thepartsbox.com.au
    Exhaust headers are from AMT '36 or '40 coupe I think, they were in my exhaust department and seemed to work OK, so hard to recall exactly what kit they are from.
    Rear end: Axles, spring and backing plates from Revell '30 Rat Rod. Resin quick-change centre section from thepartsbox.com.au Rear crossmember from '30 coupe chassis with fabricated chassis risers.
    Front end: Modified Revell Deuce kit tube axle, shocks & steering (now RHD). Split wishbones are resin from thepartsbox.com.au
    Wheels: Reverse chrome rims from Revell '49 Mercury, tyres are resin from thepartsbox.com.au with the centres opened up to fit the wheels. Wheel backs with integrated finned Buick drums on early Ford backing plates also from the partsbox.com.au
    Interor: Stock A dash flipped and modified for RHD with So Cal Speedshop dash insert. Fabricated steering column with '60's something steering wheel from my steering wheel dept.
    Floor shifter is also from my parts dept, rest of the interior is is pretty much stock model A as the pleated seat seemed to fit the theme.
    Headlamps are Revell Deuce (stockers), tailamps '39 Ford from my parts stock. The license plate is temporary until the correct plate is ready.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The good news is that this car is currently being duplicated in 1/1 scale and should be on the road by the end of 2010.

8. 46stude

46stude

LOL- I hope my post about searching didn't come off as "assholish". Its just confusing when we have new models posted in 3 different threads on the same day.

The coupe looks awesome. Really nice work!

9. Is that really a word? :D :D To answer the question, no, well not to me at least.

And thanx for the kind comment.

10. There IS a 1/3/2010 SUNDAY MODELS thread. Don't know why you guys are posting on last Sunday's thread.