Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sunday models 11/29

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50shoe, Nov 29, 2009.

1. 50shoe

50shoe

8:30 on the east coast and no thread yet?!?

finished this last week. had a lot of fun with this one. decals were dryyyy though. even with the microset they don't look great.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  2. I'll play...

Here's a couple off the shelf.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Wow great start for this sunday. Love the coupes and the lil Dodge too. Here is one I finished up last week. Nothing special just took a long time to finish it. (Last few months could not decide on what wheels,then ran across these a week ago.)

Attached Files:

4. Being president of the largest model car club in the world (as far as we know) I figured someone should build the club logo car. I built this about 2 years ago when the Revell Merc kit came out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Club was founded in Sept. 1988 - hence the tag.

5. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

As always ,

very nice work to all of you guys..

I must have big fingers,because no matter how careful I am my

stuff don't look like theses ..

Thanks for all the hard work and taking the time to share them with us ..

6. fearnoevo

fearnoevo
    from Iowa

I'll dig out some of my plastics and get some pics to show you, my favorite is probably my chopped, channeled, frenched, etc etc 51 Chevy. I have a 41 Willys that took best in show in 1989 at a local deal. It got stepped on, it doesn't look so cool anymore.

I carved this out of a few different hard woods several years back. It got dropped and the wing broke off, I need to fix that.

I also do balsa and tissue planes

Attached Files:

7. hemifarris

hemifarris

Dan, your '40 with the inline 6 looks great. Do you still participate on the large model scale website?
    Mike

8. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Hey Dan, love the 40 Ford!!!

I'll toss in a couple of mine that I've been working on. First off is a 40 Ford that I'm working on. AMT body with a Revell chassis and flattie. Wheels and tires are from the 62 Catalina kustom.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my Weesner art work build for Kustom Kemps in Mini car club.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. 55FORDWGN

55FORDWGN

All are really nice, love the 40 with the six. Its becoming model time in Minnesota (cold) so maybe I'll post something soon. Thanks everybody

10. Pscott

Pscott

Props to 50shoe, Dan, StickShift,Lyle, Dr.Kerry: some serious talent on display with those models.

A little deuce roadster for ya; this one's a mish-mash of various 32 Ford model kts.

Attached Files:

11. 50shoe

50shoe

it always amazes me how many great model builders there are on here.

Lyle, I never knew about those meetings in Greenbelt! I'll have to get over there this month given its <10mi from my house!

great detail on that engine Pscott esp the fuel lines and plugwire routing, and perfect stance there stickshift. that is one clean model.

12. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a 56 I did up as if a highschooler on a budget would make. Added a six from the AMT 53 Vette and made a split exhaust set up. The only concession to modern (post 64) are the wheels from AMTs 68 El Camino.

13. Anyone is more than welcome. Once you walk through the meeting room door, you're a lifetime member. Doesn't cost you anything. I must warn you though, our December meeting draws about 110 or more people because it's our holiday (that's politically correct bullshit for "CHRISTMAS") party with tons of food. Don't let that bother you though. Come over and have a great time. I'll be the old wrinkled white-haired dude at the front of the room, pretending that I have some kind of controll over the group.
    http://www.mamasboyz.org/

14. freebird101

freebird101

15. Nitro Marty

Nitro Marty

Don't think I've posted this one here yet... Finished it up earlier this year (When the weather was still nice and the grass still green... LOL)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JoHan's old '62 Dart built as a former Super Stocker turned gasser... Oddly enough, shortly after I finished this build, I saw pics of the old Blair Speed Shop '62 Dodge, built in very similar style.

16. Nitro Marty

Nitro Marty

Also, Here's a new project I just started a couple weeks ago....

[​IMG]

Recently a good buddy of mine started not one, but three altered wheel base ‘58 Edsel model car projects… Two for other builders who didn’t feel that they were up to performing the task themselves (These will be mounted on the AWB chassis from one old AMT kits from the 60’s, such as the Mustang or Cyclone) and one of his own which he is finishing as a rather odd AWB Pro Street/Pro Mod type racer.

Well, upon seeing his work I just HAD to do one for myself! Not wanting to outright copy my buddy’s concept, I dug around my stash of old built and junk kits and turned up a rather well worn ‘59 Edsel hardtop with plenty of body damage (The rear wheel opening were pretty much completely destroyed when the original builder glued the kit skirts on with about a full tube of glue… EACH) making it an unlikely candidate for any type of “restoration”….

So, after a few minutes with a Zona saw, some new wheel openings were glued in place well ahead of their original “stock” location and the body was rough fitted onto the chassis from a Revell “Miss Deal” AWB Studebaker kit and the results are what you see pictured above.

Plans call to finish it in true 60’s drag car style colors… Possibly with a tilt style front end to reveal a fully kit-bashed injected 430 Lincoln MEL…. I love doin’ this kind of way-out whacky stuff….

17. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Perfect proportions, man.

18. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

Here are some of mine. The blue 1957 Chevy is my 10 year old girls third model build (others are not HAMB style). Some are still in progress.

Attached Files:

19. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

some more

Attached Files:

20. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Found this number in my garage. I hope I can save it! Someone covered it in red krylon.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  21. Nitro Marty

Nitro Marty

Stude-Sled.... I really dig the tucked fenders on the F100!!!!
    Got any more pics of it???? I'd love to see the rear treatment!

22. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

Rear pics of the f100. 1959 Chevy dash, custom running boards. Color is Standox tri-coat pearl yellow with Dupont G2-4700S clear.

Attached Files:

23. 2002p51

2002p51

Very well done "mish-mash" too!

24. Nitro Marty

Nitro Marty

Looks period perfect from every angle, Stude-Sled..... VERY NICE!!!!!

25. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

26. 50shoe

50shoe

you are one sick painter zed! I just failed at a 2 tone on a shoebox today. ah well. into the stripper with it!

27. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Great paint Zed!!! God you do some awesome paint jobs!!!!

Hey Tom, thank you but the body wasn't done by me. I picked the 40 up at a swap meet/flea market for $4.00 and I'm putting a Revell chassis under it. If I built one myself this is how I'd do it though!!!!!

28. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Great show guys....once again.

Zed:There you go again.Nice color breakup!!
    What fineline do you start with?

29. studenut48

studenut48
    from Hanson, Ky

That Studebaker truck, is that a resin?

30. 46stude

46stude

Nice work as usual, guys. The '40 with the six is perfect.

I'm building (kit bashing, mostly) a replica of my '81 F350, so nothing HAMB friendly from me this week. I'll post up a shot of an old build of the Lindberg '34 Ford pick up just to participate, though. ;)

Attached Files:

• 034.JPG
      034.JPG
      File size:
      51.8 KB
      Views: