Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sunday Models, 10/16/2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lyle Willits, Oct 16, 2011.

1. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

TP,there is a modelers group within HAMB you can join,and probably have many of your questions answered.The other one mentioned is excellent as well.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=105

2. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

deuces,do you know where to find the Castrol product or purple power here in MI.?

3. boldventure

boldventure

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  4. wvenfield

wvenfield

I use Easy-Off oven cleaner. Make sure to do it outside. It's cheap and you don't have a tub of stuff to dispose of.

Spray the body down well. (Body only, it will strip the chrome off parts right now). Rinse, repeat. You may have to take a soft cloth to remove the last bits.

5. henryj429

henryj429

My son asked me to post some pictures. He's 10 and he started getting interested in models about a year ago. I dug out some of my old models from the mid 70's for inspiration. They are shown in the first pictures. My son's work is in the second picture. He set up this little display of his 3 most recent builds. Enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. melsfine39

melsfine39

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  7. abc123

abc123

8. Deuces

Deuces

Someone asked if the "flopper" model pics I posted were mine... All I can say is, I wish they were... Those 2 builds are from guys on the 1/16 scale dragin' modelers on Yahoo groups.. Those guys do some fantastic work over there... The credit goes to them!!
    As for me, I'm starting on a AMT '66 Fairlane 427 build and a couple of Minicraft Model A hotrod kits to keep the traditional guys here happy.. :rolleyes:
    .... And yes! Both of those Minicraft Model A kits have flathead V-8's with 3 deuces.. :D

Attached Files:

9. miwi

miwi
    from Germany

Greta job!

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your son's 10? I want to call bullshit (But can't) because the kids already as good as I will ever be!!:eek:
    But seriously? Your son has a future in model building, he is already building with a quality level many don't ever achieve.

Some great stuff this week, I really have to get my backside in gear and do some building. Been that long that you will probably all point and laugh!!:p
    (No not at that!:rolleyes:)

Doc.

11. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Thanks for posting the pictures, guys! The level of imagination, detail and craftsmanship shown here is really impressive. This thread is inspiring me to try building models again for the first time since high school.

12. fat141

fat141