Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sunday Models, 1/20/2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lyle Willits, Jan 20, 2013.

1. you guys exhibit some very creative talent! HRP

2. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

I've chopped a few of these. I cut straight back at the bottom of the rear side window, then down on an angle to the rear wheel well. Also cut across the top above the rear window. All of these cuts get a slight wedge taken out so the rear of the body leans forward, and the roof moves forward as it comes down. I hope that makes sense.

3. Jigger, I think I hate you!! Your first big kit bash/scratch build and it turned out THAT well!?!? You utter bastard!!
    Quality building like that normally comes from years of building! After 30 years of building I still couldn't have done that. Fantastic work mate!

Doc.

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

DIGGIN the Le-Mans Cobra!

5. philo426

philo426

6. Thanks Froghawk!

Awe shucks Doc, ya even got a nick name for me... Yea I was pleased with how it turned out. I even mixed the butternut yellow paint and shot it with an air brush! I would definitely try it again using that new Revell kit, it has the correct doors and appears to have all the great tooling of their newer kits.

Doc, since then I've done one other MAJOR kit bash. It is an '94 Ford Bronco that I made by sectioning an AMT F-150 kit. I have all the parts from an old Revell '81 Bronco. I scratch built the B pillars and fitted the older kit's rear roof section to it. The F-150 was 2wd so all the 4&4 goodies from the Revell kit came in handy. The rig is primed but has yet to be sprayed and assembled. I was planning on making it a hideous mint green California State Parks Fire unit ( I know you can relate to that) so I cut the bench seat and made a set of singles.

Oy, mate, if you Face Book, look up Mark Ervin's Art-N-Motion and like it up. I've been posting all my drawings on there.

Hope your health has been holding up and your doing well. Would like to know that you are on more solid footing in the money dept. as well.

Be well mate, CHEERS!

Mark