Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday Model Car Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gowjobs, Dec 9, 2006.

1. gowjobs

gowjobs

No new stuff, but I found these pics of a real HAMBster build... well, maybe more of a rat:
    [​IMG]
    I made a few mods and did some quick paint on this Stuart Little R/C car a couple of years back.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Just finished this Christmas gift for a friend's 9 year boy...he couldn't make it to the Hunnert Car Pile Up this year. So I promised his Mom I'd send him a little version of it...It includes a this years sticker and some gravel from Gundy County Speed way parking lot (where the show is held). I used rattle can primer and OneShot for paint.

Attached Files:

3. Here's another one I just finished...I cut up a HotWheel and added some rubber drag tires, different radiator, modify motor and rattle can black primer.

Attached Files:

4. gowjobs

gowjobs

I grabbed this old Aurora kit this morning, and glued the multi-piece body together.
    [​IMG]
    The rolling stock may be a little new-school, but not as much as the BBS mesh alloys and road racing slicks included in the kit. Oh yeah - did I mention that the kit is actually 1/32?
    [​IMG]
    You might have noticed that this Aurora kit is based on the early version of "Lil' Coffin", before it got the cantilevered roof, modified fender aprons/running boards and bobbed fenders.
    [​IMG]
    I'm thinking I may actually try this body fenderless with 1/25 wide whites, the roof insert removed and some heavy flake. There's this pic Weesner did of a undersized chopped tudor with the Q-C poking out through the rear of the body... wonder why he doesn't re-produce that one for sale... he does all the others, right?
    [​IMG]

5. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

do you guys use super glue to glue the models? Is there a fast and slow drying? I'm trying to duplicate the 27t I'm building. TP

6. gowjobs

gowjobs

I usually use Tenax7R for styrene-to-styrene bonds, but if I'm adding painted or resin pieces, or I have some gaps to fill, I use ZAP w/ the green label. The pink label is thinner, doesn't fill gaps as well, but sets up a little faster. If you want it to really set up fast, use accelerator with any of the super(cyanoacrylate) glues - it's nearly instant as soon as you either spray it on, or just pass a Q-tip soaked in accelerator near it - the fumes will make the superglue "flash".

7. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I guess I'd get this at a hobby shop? Thanks TP

8. gowjobs

gowjobs

Yeah - even Micheal's should have accelerator for super/crazy glues. I think you can get it in the Beauty shop too... they call it "hardener" for nail glue.

9. lone wolf

lone wolf

dave,
    you got a pic of the box you could post?i never seen this kit.

10. gowjobs

gowjobs

Attached Files:

11. hemifarris

hemifarris

Where's WHODAKY ?

12. gowjobs

gowjobs

Haven't seen Fidgiter on either.

13. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

When to a model car swap today and picked up a 59 Buick rag top and a monogram model A cabrolet (?). Also got a Lil Coffin reasonable too. Dang I forgot about the original 58 Impala (SMP).
    Also picked up 6 resin shift knobs from Jimmy Flinstone. Jimmy is one Kool Kat. :)

14. LiveWire64

LiveWire64

I am new here, & also happen to build plastic models. Nice to see a thread here on them. Brad

15. stratocaster

stratocaster

Was that '32 originally introduced as 32skidoo? Anyone got a red unpainted hood for a Predicta? -Strat.

16. gowjobs

gowjobs

Probably was 32Skidoo - the earliest version I've seen is the Peppermint Fuzz, but I'll bet there were one or two before that.

17. Anderson

Anderson

Man, that Lil' Coffin is awesome. I love the later (not the lat-EST) version, but the full roof version really gets the blood flowing. You are the show-rod king my friend.

I'm in the middle of a move so all my stuff is boxed up. The new place has a nice garage and I have a feeling I'll be spending a LOT more time there. My progress on anything will be even slower than it already is...but you'll for sure see some of my work in April, though it wont be on the internet...:D

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

hmm...